Thread: Loon Lake Sunday 5/19

Cool Loon Lake Sunday 5/19

Greetings all! I feel like I haven't posted in forever! I've been so busy in N. Idaho I haven't fished E. Wash even though I live here!

I had the pleasure of fishing Loon Lake today, one of my favorites in E. Washington and it did not disappoint at all. I was out way late. I didn't get on the water until almost noon. It didn't seem to make one bit of difference though. I was getting strikes left and right, especially at the southern end of the lake. It didn't seem to matter what I put on either. I had an all silver wedding ring on my downrigger rod and a little pink squidy on my lead core rod. I tipped the squid with some corn I had cured up about a week prior and had some worm on the wedding ring. All the fish I caught were pretty shallow. I only downrigged to 22' and was fishing just two colors of lead core. I fished for only 3.5 hours as I had dinner plans with the wife.. I easily had 20 hookups. I put 8 fish in the boat. I could have had the limit without a problem but I was shaking off the 6-7 inchers and keeping the 9-10 inchers. Another hour and I would have had it no problem.

I thought maybe I'd stumble into some of the larger rainbows I had heard were out there but never hooked one of them. Great day for me and my little fishing buddy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	6274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	6275
    I fish therefore I am.

Lund Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    Minnkota Trolling Motors
    Lowrance Electronics
    Lamiglas Rods
    Abu Garcia Reels
    Mack's Lures
    Yakima Bait Co. Lures
    Cannon Downriggers & Rod Holders

Hi Brisco - We fished there yesterday, see post, and got a couple of the big bowes. They hit on the Dick Nite 1" spoon in pink with the glitter at three colors. No dodger, bait, or scent. Caught lots of kokes on the same set up. Alan