Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Samish

5-24-14 I fished lake Samish again. My boat hit the water at 7:30 AM. I spent the first 1/2 hour chasing fish with my down riggers. Negative results. I then popped my rods from the Drs. to check my offering. as the lines came up, I got hits. In all, it took me 15 min. to catch 6 fish. I through back the perch and the 14 inch cutthroat. The Koks were 9 and 10 inches . small, but hooked pretty bad. I had not decided to throw back the cut. until I reached shore.
    45 min of fishing and 1.5 hours of driving. That's ridiculous. No white caps and not rain. A good day.
    Mharri333 and crew were on the water catching fish also. Lot was 70 % full. IS inspectors were there.
    Last edited by lowe1648mt; 05-24-2014 at 04:48 PM.

I fished Samish Saturday morning. It was a little windy but nothing terrible. We were getting consistent bites but getting lots of smaller fish. I was switching gear out to test some new rigs from Fishing with Gary and some new Father Murphy's. Fun catching fish and switching gear out. Wasn't really in a hurry to limit. I saw Lowe out on the water making it look easy. He could have left his truck on the loading ramp and saved a few minutes. Lol

Best rig was a pink micro hootchie that glowed pulled behind a pink splatter dodger from Dick Nite. Used one of FWG's new batman looking dodgers pulling his version of a wedding ring that also took several fish.

Great relaxing morning. Boat is getting dialed in. Starting to enjoy it more each time out.

I fished Lake Samish today. First pole in the water at 6:00 AM. Lots of fish showing at 10 ft. to 60 ft. A few fish hitting the surface. I was able to get my 5 by 8:00 AM. Only lost 2 at the boat. Lost another 4 or 5 long distance. I also caught 8 0r 10 perch ( small ) . Those were released so they can grow up.
    I used Wannafishalure Rainbow and Bloody Marry with pink splatter dodger or a sling blade. Pink Berkly maggots and Kokanee DNA. Sounds like a broken record? Feels that way too. Carry a whole tackle box out and don't open it. Just use what's on the pole.

Fished Lake Samish today, started about 8:00am, quit at noon. Two small ones kept because they were bleeding. Lost three at boat, lost 3 long line, also several small perch caught and released.

Fished Samish on Saturday. We went to the deep pool to try to rustle up some bigger fish. We were able to pick a few up there. Some were a bit bigger than we were getting near the ramp but nothing spectacular. Once the bite died down we headed back to the main part of the lake to finish out our limits in short order. Catching a limit is not an issue. Catching bigger fish is however. We have not seen the size we were seeing the last two years. The lake is close so I will keep at it. Best rigs are red weeding rings (homemade). Also using a Bloody Mary and a pink mini hoochie. Depths all over the place but I would say most between 30-50. Fish are schooling up and showing up together early morning. As the sun comes up and it gets warmer they start to spread out a bit. Krill is the scent of choice at the moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123