Thread: Anyone use a rotating dodger for kokanee

Default Anyone use a rotating dodger for kokanee

I was going through my dodger pack and once again came across a couple of kokanee sized Big Al style rotating dodgers that I've never used. I also found a plastic watermelon dodger that has a fin causing it to rotate. Buying them and never having used them indicates I bite but I was wondering if anyone uses them enough to say how kokanee like rotators? I never see anyone with them.

I've used 8" Big Al's at the Gorge and done real well. I bought one of the plastic flashers with the fin at the ISE show this year and just waiting for orange to turn on at Berryessa to try it out.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

All right! One positive experience. Any more?

Ive used them a little and never seem to have any luck with them. However i dont use them nearly as much as i do dodgers so maybe its just the amount of time in the water.

SD you and I are getting to an age where we remember parts of stuff but not quite all of it. I said Big Al dodgers but it's an Abe and Al dodger I was thinking of. I take comfort in getting to an age where people expect me to make mistakes.
    Attachment 6212
    Last edited by calamari; 05-07-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Calamari, I guess it is a lot like being married. As long as we both know what the other one is talking about, what we call them is a little less relevant. I've bought them in the naked chrome and added my own tape.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

The two I've got are hammered chrome and beg for a strip or strips of outrageous tape.