Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Lucky Peak Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    I boated a lot of fish on Friday, May 31, and kept 6. I caught most of them between the ramp and the opposite side. Five were about 15 inches and the others were 11 to 12 inches. All were caught about 25 feet down. Fish and Game people at the check station said others had not done so well. I suspect the fish have probably moved away from weekend boat traffic, but Friday was a great day on the water.
    I agree the pressure is hurting the fishing for sure, I had the same result from F & G at the check site. He said most people were complaining saying the fishing was horrible. I have got AR out of my head now, Back to LP.

Just curious...has anyone tried vertical jigging for Koks at LP or AR with any success? I know this is a popular method in other lakes and states but have not heard of it here. Just wondering.

Fished from 7 am to about 11. hooked 12 fish. most were around 13 inches. kept 3 at about 15. water temp 61-62. orange worked OK. had the best luck with multi colored orange. Fished 15-25 feet. do not have speed on my finder but we were doing something right :)

Fished yesterday and boated 12 Kokes and 3 trout. One nice sized Koke (15-16 inches) and the rest were around 12 inches. Did not get a tap using Dodger/Hoochie combo. Caught all fish using silver flashers and Kokabow lure between 10-20 feet. Did not mark many fish on the fish finder. Are all the larger Kokes deeper????

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Fished yesterday and boated 12 Kokes and 3 trout. One nice sized Koke (15-16 inches) and the rest were around 12 inches. Did not get a tap using Dodger/Hoochie combo. Caught all fish using silver flashers and Kokabow lure between 10-20 feet. Did not mark many fish on the fish finder. Are all the larger Kokes deeper????
    What color Kokabow were you using? I have lots of those lures.

Cricket...we caught most of them on a Kokabow Falcon (red & orange glass beads with a gold blade). We also had luck with the Blue Fury (blue & orange glass beads with a blue blade with orange reflective tape). Gook luck.

Fished Sunday.....boated 4 Kokes about 13", lost about 6 at the boat (rookie net guy) and probably another 6 between hook-up and boat....and a few small trout.
    LOTS of boats fishing !!!
    Green wedding ring with corn seemed to be working best, but they were hitting about everything. Do you guys use rubber snubbers ?..I used to, then kinda quit for some reason.

Thanks,
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner16 View Post
    Fished Sunday.....boated 4 Kokes about 13", lost about 6 at the boat (rookie net guy) and probably another 6 between hook-up and boat....and a few small trout.
    LOTS of boats fishing !!!
    Green wedding ring with corn seemed to be working best, but they were hitting about everything. Do you guys use rubber snubbers ?..I used to, then kinda quit for some reason.

Thanks,
    Used to then quit, I find that with a single hook and a stinger = 2 single hooks is far more fun and less lost fish, they will twist and most likely get the second hook in them. :)

fished from 7 am to 11 am boated 9 koke, 1 trout. lost 3 more. and had 3 drive bys. Also attached flashers to my DR balls. Pink corn, Pink hoochies. fished 20-30 foot of water. (started at around 15) Caught fish at all depths. caught most of the fish at 20 and deeper. Fish were about 13 inches. Water temp started at 64 and by the time we left was 65.8. the fish we found were along the banks and as the sun got higher they moved away from the banks and deeper.

my daughter and I limited out this morning. 12 OK fish. all ran about 13 inches with 2 at 15. Great day on the lake. took us about 3 hours. we lost around 10 other fish to.

I've been fishing AR, haven't tried LP yet this year, where are you catching the kokes on LP

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    I've been fishing AR, haven't tried LP yet this year, where are you catching the kokes on LP
    We went to LP on Sat June 15th using leaded line and a DR. We both caught our limit. Leaded line was out 2 colors with a Kokabow lure and pop gear. We also had a Kokabow lure and pop gear on the DR. DR was 25 feet down entire day. Same size fish were caught at different depth with the leaded line and DR. Most fish were about 13 inches long. We were fishing across from the boat launch

Well hit LP today, fishing was hot!!! But not big fish, but plenty of them. Got a limit in an hour but culled allot, and ended up with some nice fish but had to work for them. Biggest was 14".

We fished LP on Thursday and limited out on both Kokanee and Trout. I have never caught a tagged fish before until Thursday...caught 3 trout which were tagged. Used silver flashers and gold/red Kokabow. Interesting that 90% of the fish were caught on leaded line (3 colors) and only 10% on downriggers.

Sluggo,

Were you using the Kestrel or the Falcon Kokabow? Both are gold/red but different colored beads. Nice to know about the leaded line. Not sure what is up with the fish being so small this yr. LP had some hogs in there last yr. What part of LP were you fishing at?
    Last edited by Cricket; 06-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.

We fished LP on Thursday and limited out on both Kokanee and Trout. I have never caught a tagged fish before until Thursday...caught 3 trout which were tagged. Used silver flashers and gold/red Kokabow. Interesting that 90% of the fish were caught on leaded line (3 colors) and only 10% on downriggers.
    That is interesting, Were the fish caught on leaded line smaller? What depth were your DR'S?

JIM,

Last weekend I fished with both a DR and leaded line. DR was down 25 ft, leaded line was out two colors with a Kokabow lure and pop gear. The fish were the same size with both. This year has been
    so odd at LP compared to last year. I can't make sense of it. I am also interested in what Sluggo says

Cricket...we caught most of them on a Kokabow Falcon (red & orange glass beads with a gold blade). We also had luck with the Blue Fury (blue & orange glass beads with a blue blade with orange reflective tape). Gook luck.
    The Blue Fury....the lure made in honor of the BSU fans :)

Overall, the fish on the leaded line and DR were all about the same size. However...I had one very large Kokanee on with the DR and right when we were starting to net it, it shook off. I tried all different depths on the DR...everything from 10-45 feet. For some reason, the leaded line has always out produced the DR at Lucky Peak. Now at Anderson Ranch, it is the opposite with the DR out producing the leaded line. I have not figured out why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    That is interesting, Were the fish caught on leaded line smaller? What depth were your DR'S?

Overall, the fish on the leaded line and DR were all about the same size. However...I had one very large Kokanee on with the DR and right when we were starting to net it, it shook off. I tried all different depths on the DR...everything from 10-45 feet. For some reason, the leaded line has always out produced the DR at Lucky Peak. Now at Anderson Ranch, it is the opposite with the DR out producing the leaded line. I have not figured out why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Sluggo,

Were you using the Kestrel or the Falcon Kokabow? Both are gold/red but different colored beads. Nice to know about the leaded line. Not sure what is up with the fish being so small this yr. LP had some hogs in there last yr. What part of LP were you fishing at?
    Cricket,

The majority of the fish were caught with a Falcon Kokabow. One was caught with the Blue Fury Kokabow and two with a Wedding Ring. We caught most of the Kokanee out from Spring Shores boat launch and all of the trout near Mack's Creek launch.

My hubs and I limited out today on Kokes and also caught 4 trout. We were on the water this morning at 6:45 am and with a Kokabow Falcon and pop gear , three colors out I landed a 17 " Koke within the first 10 min. Hubby stayed at 2 colors all day and did better than I did at three colors. Most the Kokes were small. About 11-12 " with the exception of the big one . I decided not to use the DR today . The Koke's were caught across from the boat ramp about 50 ft from the shoreline. All were caught on either the Kokabow Falcon, Merlin, or the Kestrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    My hubs and I limited out today on Kokes and also caught 4 trout. We were on the water this morning at 6:45 am and with a Kokabow Falcon and pop gear , three colors out I landed a 17 " Koke within the first 10 min. Hubby stayed at 2 colors all day and did better than I did at three colors. Most the Kokes were small. About 11-12 " with the exception of the big one . I decided not to use the DR today . The Koke's were caught across from the boat ramp about 50 ft from the shoreline. All were caught on either the Kokabow Falcon, Merlin, or the Kestrel.
    I'm with you, Not sure what is up with the LP Kokes last year my average was 16" this year you can't find a 16? There are plenty of smaller fish, I guess we need to hit them hard and use em for canners. I was tossing them back thinking they were next years fish.

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I'm with you, Not sure what is up with the LP Kokes last year my average was 16" this year you can't find a 16? There are plenty of smaller fish, I guess we need to hit them hard and use em for canners. I was tossing them back thinking they were next years fish.
    The big Koke I caught was about 100 yds out from the boat ramp. We have been keeping the runts . The first few times I went to LP, I also thought the smaller ones were next years fish . Guess I was wrong.

It was HOT!!!!!!!...... The wind laid down and the weather and fishing got hot. all depths. pink green yellow colors.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast