Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Arrowrock Fishing Thread

Thumbs up 2013 Arrowrock Fishing Thread

No one is fishing AR yet?

It was slow on the 19th. Only trout, no koks.

What size were the trout?
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    What size were the trout?
    Just shakers about 12" for 2 hours of trolling. Did some bank yanking after and all 4 of us limited with 14-15" trout. Sorry for the late reply but we were down at SFCR the last couple of days. I'll post a report on that trip on the sister site.

thanks for the report

lots of boats today water temp 43 degrees calm and glassy in the morning 5 rainbows no kokes used green, orange, pink and combos of all. Overall good day fishing!

Hit Arrowrock last night after work for the first time this season. Caught 8 Kokes and 1 Trout, using Kokabow fishing spinners I found online. We used the darker colors last night, the black and white one they have worked great last night. I haven't seen these spinners before, anyone else know anythnig about them?

I have not fished arrowrock, where do you usually find fish. I am planning on taking my dad in the morning and any help would be appreciated. I have bought about five of the new lures you are talking about and am excited to try them, did you use any type of flasher with it? Did you use a downrigger or line off the back? If you long lined how much weight did you use Thank you!
    Last edited by K-Dub; 04-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Long line with 1 once of lead. Used Ford Fender Flashers.

We started with the traditional Wedding Ring Spinners at $ 2.89 and didn't get a hit! Changed to the Kokabow Black Eagle at $ 3.99 and we all started catching fish. In my opinion, for a simple dollar more it was well worth it. I also like supporting the local guy vs buying a spinner made in Haiti or who knows where....just who I am.

Good luck this year, I'm sticking with this spinner.

I noticed the Kokabow Spinner is being sold through kokaneetackle.com, Howard and Larry's has them and also Turners and Sportsmans Warehouse.

Fishing was good in the South Fork Confluence to Arrowrock. Black and Silver seemed to be the color last evening.

Has anyone tried Lucky Peak lately? I hate that road to Arrow Rock but sometimes you have to do what you have to.

In between the spurts of rain and wind gusts we managed 8 today. We caught them at depths ranging from 40 to 29 using green but 2 on a pink.

I found the kokabows at sportsmans warehouse in I.F. in a box on the floor,they hadn't stocked them yet. They look like they ought to catch something besides fishermen.

Getting the boat ready, any Kokos out there?

I went out the other day when the whole valley was getting pounded with wind...Arrowrock was halfway decent...found a few isolated kokes but the day was slow until around 530 pm....the wind kicked up and it started snowing....we were about to call it a day and the action picked up suddenly...we managed two limits...all were about 17 and fat footballs...2 trout also...only lost a few...small dodgers and green and pink with shoepeg...good luck

Fished both days this weekend. 2 on Sat, 4 on Sun. 15 to 17". Down riggers appeared to be doing better both days. Most fish were 30 to 50 ft. All mine were on silver dodgers and green and white hoochies. No luck on pink or orange. Caught a couple rainbows on the orange. Saw a lot of green flashers shining in the sunlight in other boats. Morning bite was better than than the eve. bite. Had 49' on temps. Tons of people already and the road is already piling up trailer parts along the road side. Hope L.P. picks up soon and takes some of the pressure off the lake.

Well, if u were there today, you probably did well.... "Fish-On"... I guessed em at 17" put the liars tape on them. Note the one on the left is a tad longer... :) Footballs, and big fun... While the wind was beating up the valley, I found solace on the water, as usual.... I used to hate Mondays..... :) Tight lines... JtAttachment 6137Attachment 6138

Quote Originally Posted by bsukoker View Post
    Fished both days this weekend. 2 on Sat, 4 on Sun. 15 to 17". Down riggers appeared to be doing better both days. Most fish were 30 to 50 ft. All mine were on silver dodgers and green and white hoochies. No luck on pink or orange. Caught a couple rainbows on the orange. Saw a lot of green flashers shining in the sunlight in other boats. Morning bite was better than than the eve. bite. Had 49' on temps. Tons of people already and the road is already piling up trailer parts along the road side. Hope L.P. picks up soon and takes some of the pressure off the lake.
    Well my guess as to why you didn't limit both days is that you were fishing too deep...don't look at the fish on the sonar trying to find kokes...they seldom mark on my lowrance and when they do I don't get bit much...the biggest thing to remember is that they prefer water in the 52 degree range...but they also want food at the same depth...with the amount of water moving through the lake there wont be much of a thermocline...so the closest they will get to 52 is right on top...so you should be fishing 20 foot down or less...probably less...I picked up several last time in less than 10 foot. Rely on knowledge of the fish and the lake and less on sonar and you'll do a lot better...just my advice...take it or leave it.

Rafting...LOL...your attachments didn't work...Me and my buddy were out with his toddler son a week ago and Johnny has been trying to teach his boy how to say FISH ON! But instead it comes out as SH*&S ON! Which is actually pretty funny...Last time we tried to get him to call me Jimbo...and now apparently I'm now referred to as Bimbo....kids...gotta love em!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojump View Post
    Well my guess as to why you didn't limit both days is that you were fishing too deep...don't look at the fish on the sonar trying to find kokes...they seldom mark on my lowrance and when they do I don't get bit much...the biggest thing to remember is that they prefer water in the 52 degree range...but they also want food at the same depth...with the amount of water moving through the lake there wont be much of a thermocline...so the closest they will get to 52 is right on top...so you should be fishing 20 foot down or less...probably less...I picked up several last time in less than 10 foot. Rely on knowledge of the fish and the lake and less on sonar and you'll do a lot better...just my advice...take it or leave it.
    Thanks Jimbo, sound advice indeed. I don't have down riggers so most of my time is spent definitely under 30', When I put a couple of 40 ft divers on, I started getting some hits, I realize I wasn't truly at 40' probably closer to 30'. We tried 10', 20' and 30' most of sat. I'll keep trying, just when I think I got something good going, they change up what they are hitting on. That's what makes this so fun! Beats work. : - )

Not sure why they did not attach. I'll try again and see if they come through... sheeesh... BTW, bsukoker, Jimbojump is giving you really good advice. AS shallow as these fish are running I doubt you will see the on your finder. Fish SHALLOW!! What is shallow??? less than 10' for sure. They seemed to be a little motor shy (older two stroke) so I use longer setbacks and that seems to get the job done. Turn Turn Turn as you turn one rod speeds up the other slows down. Do not be afraid of nuetral. Count to 15 put it back in gear. This technique works for me consistently, but nothing out does the turns with finicky Kokes...

Attachment 6139Attachment 6140

Please let me know if these images appear that I tried to attach. Going back to attach school :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafting4fun View Post
    Not sure why they did not attach. I'll try again and see if they come through... sheeesh... BTW, bsukoker, Jimbojump is giving you really good advice. AS shallow as these fish are running I doubt you will see the on your finder. Fish SHALLOW!! What is shallow??? less than 10' for sure. They seemed to be a little motor shy (older two stroke) so I use longer setbacks and that seems to get the job done. Turn Turn Turn as you turn one rod speeds up the other slows down. Do not be afraid of nuetral. Count to 15 put it back in gear. This technique works for me consistently, but nothing out does the turns with finicky Kokes...

I could not open the attachments

in september and october last year I had a lot of hookups in the top 3ft of water on lucky peak and for many of those my dodger was actually creating a small surface water disturbance and then a fish would hammer the squid behind it, fun to watch for sure

to give my electric trolling motor short breaks several times/day I do run my loud 1982 150hp 2-stroke motor and I was having no issues hooking fish with 40' and 50' setbacks, the rainbows were sometimes really bold and were coming right up to the boat, good thing both species are very curious

Quote Originally Posted by Rafting4fun View Post

Thanks Rafting. Everyone I saw hooked up all the time was on down riggers, couldn't figure out why a guy on a down rigger would be fishing in 10-20ft of water unless it was for consistency of depth? So I assumed, I needed to get deeper to find the fish. I will try shallower on my next outing. I use my electric trolling motor, so noise is minimal, but I will also do some long lining and zig zagging and see what happens. Thanks again all.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast