Thread: dodger color?

Default dodger color?

ever use a gold colored dodger? is gold a good color?

I will use gold and copper in the early morning, over cast, and when deep on at least 1 downrigger and if it is what they like I will switch more over to that. but it is like any color some days it's a hit other days it's something different you just got to put it out there and see. dfly

Gold is a good mid range color or use on cloudy days. The funny thing about colors is the Deeper or Darker it is use Darker Colors.

VISIBILITY OF COLORS AT VARIOUS DEPTHS

Red--20ft Orange--30Ft. Yellow--40ft. Green--60ft. Purple--70ft. Blue--120ft.

I hope this helps, Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

--I usually match the dodger with the lure colour being used. IE ... UV hoochie I would use UV dodger.... green spinner... green themed dodger etc.

ctkid this dodger color is a question you have to ask the fish what works one day may not work the next just poke and hope and ask. I explained in my thread at WicKiup I, gave what was working on the opener, who knows next week good luck/ dark colors dark days Red after 16 ft turns black/ UV colors on bright days can have the opposite effect and repel fish, come down to trial and error, had good response with orange on the opener on the 27th of April/ reds, pinks above 10 ft in the water column work excellent. Had better response with mini hoochies and teasers then the 2 1/2 & 3 inch size as I said earlier poke and hope and ask.

I ordered a bunch of brass and copper spinner blades a couple of weeks ago and decided to add some dodgers as well. Here are a couple of the 5.5" I taped up.

Last edited by SuperD; 05-05-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk