Thread: Ririe Kokes Report

Default Ririe Kokes Report

Does anybody have any reports on Ririe. I've been working on putting a new yard in the last month or so and I haven't been up there in a while, but I am almost done with the yard work and am looking forward to doing some trolling. I am new to trolling for Kokes in fact earlier this spring is the first time I've ever tried it but I am hooked. Thanks for any reports...

welcome aboard maghnter. I'm not an Idaho fisherman so i can't really help ya but it is good to see some fisherman come on here from somewhere besides utah and western wyoming.
    I just know stuff...

Well if nobody else will reply to my post I quess I will post my own. My buddy went up Saturday to Ririe in the evening and he is really new to trolling and doesn't have all the gear yet. He and another guy limited out in 45 min using kokanee killer with corn, and a small egg sinker. No lead core No fishfinder no downrigger. So I might have to sneak up there this week. But we need to get some more Idaho people on this forum I am not always going to reply to my own posts just so the Utahs can come north and catch my fish. LOL

Well maghunter, looks like you need to do a bit of recruting for Idaho We would like to see more of you Idaho anglers on the forum.

Maghunter I agree kinda sucks responding to your own Post LOL But you gotta admit you Idaho guys are pretty tight liped about your koke's Here is the reports I have heard Fast fishing for koke's around the marina area using wedding rings tiped with shoepeg corn scented with standard stuff Pro cure line Kok special and killer corn die in pink also fish are schooled heavly find some work the area over back and forth or figure 8 and you should limit fast. slow trolling 1.3 to 1.6 was the ticket Thats all I have heard up there I am sure other lures would work also let us know how you do

Well I ended up fishing Henry's Lake on Saturday instead of going after the silver bullet. I plan on fishing Ririe this weekend so I will give a report then. We had a fun time at Henry's even thought the fishing is starting to slow down, we caught some real hogs and I hate to say it but they tasted about as good as Kokanee, the best eating trout I've ever caught.