Thread: Lake Samish...One in the boat.

Default Lake Samish...One in the boat.

Hello All,
    New to the forum, but hope to post and read here often. Was out on Samish Saturday morning with a buddy after bullets. Made it on the lake by 0630 and had gear in the water almost right away. We had three poles in, two on the downriggers and one on surface. Changed up the dodgers, lures, bait, speeds and depths often, but nothing in the first three hours. Switched out one downrigger to run on the surface for a while and had a big strike on a silver dodger and a red wedding ring, but it was gone before my buddy got his hands on the pole. About an hour later while making a pass along the eastern shore by the road my downrigger pole snapped up and within seconds I saw a splash and a flash of silver on the far side of the boat. I lowered the drag to give it something to play with, and with how early in the year it is their mouths are still pretty soft and I didnt want to lose it. It fought like crazy but we managed to get it in the net. Nice 14" fish. We made one more quick pass after that with nothing else popping so it was time to call it a trip.

Second fishing trip of the year and we managed to get one....Well ahead of last year already! There was one other boat on the water, but I didn't see to much happening, so not sure if he had any luck. Planning for a few more trips in the next month or so and I'll definitely share my results.

Nice to hear of success on Samish. I am going to try to get to Samish this week. It should pick up soon.
    Lowe1648mt

Yeah, Looking forward to hitting it hard this spring/summer. Would like to be able to compete with those guys fishing on the other side of the hill with their massive Koke hauls, but may be a stretch coming out of Samish. We keep getting some nice mild weather like this and they will be schooling up here pretty soon.
    Tight Lines, Everyone.