Thread: Bear Lake 4/21

Default Bear Lake 4/21

Beautiful day on the water at BL, although we had a tough time getting the fish to cooperate. Now, that was not the case for Bduck as he proceeded to show us how it was done throughout the day, and my 'crew' threatened to mutiny and switch boats. Roger was free with his advice, tossed us a couple of his self-made plugs (boy are they pretty), and we did everything except hook our lines to his down riggers. We finally managed one nice cutt for the youngest grandson, and that clearly made our day. That along with the loons we were fishing among, the deer on the slopes, the 100 or so elk in the canyon.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Max & cutt.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	6126  

Great seeing you again Chuck. The day started out to be a typical slow day early but after a couple of hours it was great fishing. I ended up with 2-7lbers, 2-8lbers, 1-9lb beautiful looking male and the rest were 3-6lbs. Total off 16 cutts and no lakers. If I didn't have yard work to complete, I would be heading back up there to stay on the hot bite. I tried talking to you on the radio several times but figured your mood wasn't to pleasant after seeing what I was doing. Have some ideas for some new paint designs on my homemade plugs. I love the color of that water. Its so amazing being on a boat surrounded by blue.

Name:	Bear Lake 005.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	6127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear Lake 009.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	6128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear Lake 010.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	6129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear Lake 011.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	6130  

Nice fish and pics, Roger. The water seemed to be particularly turquoise yesterday. I love watching the fish come up from the depths and then swim away into the depths after release. My little hand held radio works OK if I'm standing holding it, but the pits when put down most any place that it will not fall overboard. Keep me posted if you hear the bite stays as it actually looks like I could get away Friday.

Nice fish Bduck and smokepoles. We were up there and did well too, good fishing, company, and fair weather; couldn't ask for more!!! I think we were at the dock with you guys pulling out too. Attachment 6135

Name:	DSC00012.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	6136  
    Last edited by TrophyBoat; 04-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    Mack's Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyBoat View Post
    Nice fish Bduck and smokepoles. We were up there and did well too, good fishing, company, and fair weather; couldn't ask for more!!! I think we were at the dock with you guys pulling out too. Attachment 6135
    I thought that was you. I finally realized it when you departed. Its good times for the Bear. Nice quality fish are being boated.

Yes, we all were the three at the dock taking out. Glad to hear everyone had a good day.

TrophyBoat, that is sure a nice set up for the bigger lakes. I get by, but am jealous of those so well equipped

Question for you guys - Do you need an Idaho AIS decal if you boat the Idaho side of the lake. I hear different, and I recall looking it up in the past and it did read unclear depending on where you found it. I looked a bit the other day, but darned if they don't have the regs buried somewhere difficult to get to.

Friday and the weekend are looking to be nice. I wonder if the fishing will hold?

We are finally getting into a few days of a nice weather pattern. I have a date with wifee in Wendover, NV on Thursday. Friday and the rest of the weekend will be stressin' out to get things done around the house with Monday sod laying & shed building. Do have a fishing date set aside with SuperD for some Rockport action. Bear Lake is sounding better all of the time after the catch I just had.