Thread: aluminum soda can spinner blades cause repelling elctrolosis

Default aluminum soda can spinner blades cause repelling elctrolosis

do you think aluminum blades made from soda cans will produce a fish repelling electrolosis?

Nope.
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Alumimum was used for Electrical wire in the past, BUTit should not hurt anything & I would just give it a try anyway!

Now you've got me thinking......Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

I also don't know for sure if it will or not. but I would think if it didn't, dodgers, spinners and other lures would be made from aluminum. it does corrode with out zink in water so it can produce electrolisis wether or not it would bother the fish I don't know. dfly

Good points, but doesn't the line, whether mono or braid isolate the dodger/spinner/lure from any electrical interaction with your boat or any other source of electricity? Besides......if you get that aluminum a short distance from your boat it won't make any difference. If it did you could be accused of causing eletrolysis to other aluminum boats in the same body of water.....if their anodes were crap or missing.

Think about how many guys used to catch bass using an aluminum pull top for a lure.

MG I remember that from the 70's. I know, with aluminum being such a great metal to work with I just don't know why lure mfg's don't use it? dfly

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    MG I remember that from the 70's. I know, with aluminum being such a great metal to work with I just don't know why lure mfg's don't use it? dfly
    Probably because metal to make lures overseas from melted down and reused old war implements is cheaper than the electricity it takes to make aluminum.

I have, many years ago, made dodgers out of soda/pop cans just to try. Just trailed a worm on a hook ~12" or so behind. They caught fish. It was just an experiment to see what we could come up with that would catch fish. FWIW