Thread: Not Kokanee - VK baitholders

Default Not Kokanee - VK baitholders

Hey, I know this is a kokanee forum, but I thought maybe some of you guys had used VK baitholders for your other-than-kokanee trips and could give me some hints on rigging them, especially holding the bait firmly. I bought some to try for trolling at Bear Lake for Macs and cutts using cisco, and though they seem simple enough, I'm sure there are tricks to ease and effectiveness of use.

Thanks in advance.

I have used them for salmon at fort peck res. In montana, but not much luck. Do a search on the internet for bait head holders. Captain king has a good site as to how to use bait heads. Bait is a pain in the boat. I would try large squid bodies with 11 inch flasher (blue) or teaser rigs with trolling flies for the macs. Also you need to troll slow and near or on the bottom for the macs

http://www.vk-products.fi/index.php?...mid=75&lang=en has a video on them. but when I fish for macks I use a large flat fish and tie a kokanee belly under it and tie it down with stretchy string or use a large dodger and a large squid coupled to it and lots of scent this is also when I am dragging the bottom with my mack broom and the lures behind on chamberlains when they are on the bottom and don't want to play. dfly