Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American 2013

Hello, new to this forum but have been fishing for Kokanee for 2 years now. I've fished American a few times with no luck this year, I have determined I wasnt deep enough as I caught plenty of trout but no kokes. I've been limiting out on a lake in Oly but they are all on the 8-11 inch size, would like to catch some bigger...

Question has anyone fished for Kokes in the evening at American? I work at Camp Murray so thinking tomorrow I may just bring my boat to work and fish after.

Bikenut64,
    Welcome to the Kokanee Forum. I've fished evenings at American and have picked up fish. However, the mornings are more productive for me.

Default Tough Day

Tough day on American this morning I ended up with only four fish and I spent from 5-1200 today. Just couldn't connect on that last one. Tried every depth and everything you could imagine. Marked lots of fish they just had lock jaw.

TNF

Well I can attest to TrollNFisher tough day as my daughter and I were fishing 0500-1100 around big island. I got one Koke to the net North of Silcox and lost a couple same general area.
    Some skier was out maybe 0600 in the fog running up and down lake...I thought that was a little dangerous but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by bikenut64 View Post
    Well I can attest to TrollNFisher tough day as my daughter and I were fishing 0500-1100 around big island. I got one Koke to the net North of Silcox and lost a couple same general area.
    Some skier was out maybe 0600 in the fog running up and down lake...I thought that was a little dangerous but to each his own.
    You will see that one skier most 7 days a week same time same place like clockwork, diehard is an understatement. Sometimes even in the winter! Some mornings I shake my head it's to cold for that crap

Fished American after work on Friday the 19th. Hung out with the jet skiers, wake boarders, and the general pleasure boating population that afternoon. Started my troll where there wasn't anyone zipping past me!!! Only managed a couple of kokes to the boat with just as many trout and twice as many long lined released. Oh well, that's fishing right!!! Haven't fished Sling Blades all year so I thought I'd change it up a bit, after watching a vid on Baker Lake and putting a deeper bend in the Blade I thought I'd try it out. I didn't see too much difference in the action, but as I mentioned haven't fish them all year to notice. The kokes are in that 12"-12 1/2" range, and still pretty chunky!!!
    See you on the water,
    Winterun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1374381008629.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	6577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1374381135900.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	6578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1374513174517.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	6579

Default Double limit 7-27-13 american

Wife and I got a double limit today. (15" native Cutt not pictured). Lost a few Nice ones...of course c&r several rainbows.

2 biggest 141/2"...smallest 10"
    Chasing these things is addicting.

Name:	7-27-13 Our first Double Limit.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	6582
    Last edited by KokeRook; 07-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KokeRook View Post
    Wife and I got a double limit today. (15" native Cutt not pictured). Lost a few Nice ones...of course c&r several rainbows.

2 biggest 141/2"...smallest 10"
    Chasing these things is addicting.

Name:	7-27-13 Our first Double Limit.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	6582
    Congrats, and thanks for the report and yes it's very addicting!

Default 3 Aug

Me and my son Fished American from 520-1030am landed 10 nice kokes, fished were between 38-40on the riggers. It was a nice overcast cool morning on the water only 3-4 other boats. Water temp was 70.6 Biggest was 15 1/4 but all were nice and fat quality fish!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Aug.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	6600  

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    Me and my son Fished American from 520-1030am landed 10 nice kokes, fished were between 38-40on the riggers. It was a nice overcast cool morning on the water only 3-4 other boats. Water temp was 70.6 Biggest was 15 1/4 but all were nice and fat quality fish!
    VERY NICE TNF:
    The lake that was not supposed to be very good this year is sure putting out some nice fish.

Nice batch of fish TrollNFisher! Did you ever find somewhere to do a mount of the 21 incher?

Nice work Darren - Good looking fish!!!

Rook, Thanks.
    Toni, Thanks and no I haven't had time to research it yet.
    Mark, Thanks

Default 22 August

Fished American from 12-330pm landed 5 nice kokes, fish were between 38-45 on the riggers. It was a nice clear day on the water only 3-4 other boats. Biggest was 16 and some change.

Name:	22 aug1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	6652  

Nice!

Well guys i finally made it back out to american last sunday evening managed a few rainbows and that was about it. Draged the wife and the dog and grill out and just had a great evening.Been awhile since i have managed to make it out what with my month long trip to alaska and then family coming to town. Glad to hear that everyone has been catching and not fishing so much! Anyways hopefully this week im can go out and try for some pinks and then hit the lake next weekend for a morning! Forgot just how relaxing a morning out there can be! Tight lines to all!!!!!

Ps looks like i might need to hit alder!!!

Found myself with a free week day of fishing so I headed out to American last Friday the 23rd. Arrived at the lake around 1030-11 to find only 4 other rigs in the parking lot. I guess the morning bite was good and the majority of the fishermen had already left?!?! Kinda nice though, didn't have to wait in line, didn't have to rush, and didn't forget anything in the rig once I got on the water!!! Got both lines in just as the sun started to break through the clouds, luckily there were willing biters before it got to bright, and these guys headed for deeper water!!! Fished in and out of 65'-75' of water, 20 pulls back, and 40' deep the whole time. Got done early, and thought about heading to the river, and maybe catch a coho or 2!!!

See you on the water,
    Winterun

Name:	ResizedImage_1377531622757.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	6658

Default 29 Aug

Nice Fish Joe, Me and my son fished American from light till about 9am this morning landed 5 kokes before the weather really started turning bad, fish were between 35-38 on the riggers. There was only one other boat out this morning it was nice other than the weather.

Name:	29 Aug.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	6659  

Nice Work Darren!!!!

American 9/2
    The long weekend found me on the river chasing coho salmon, tooling around the sound hunting for pink salmon, and on American chasing after some kokanee!!! Well, 2 out of the 3 trips produced fish......let me tell you "pink" insn't my color!!! Ha Ha!!!
    Arrived at the lake around 830, I did set my alarm for 5 but woke up to see it was plenty dark outside still. You know how it is, just a few more minutes..... must have shut the alarm clock off instead of hitting the snooze button!!!
    Anyhow, fish were 20 pulls back, 40' down, in basically in 80'-90' of water. I guess the pleasure boaters got 'em all scared from the edges of the lake and pushed them to the middle!!! Take a look at the koke on the lower left, starting to notice the sockeye hump on this little guy.
    Anyway nice way to end the weekend!!!
    Winterun

Name:	ResizedImage_1378183806134.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	6671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1378183913986.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	6670

Nice fish Joe, I had planned on fishing but I was to lazy.

After 2 years of procrastinating I finially made it to American Lake Wednesday. As "The Zog" would say, a flame run. Turned onto the interstate at 0410. Tuned in the radio and AC/DC is singing Highway to Hell. hmmm. Is that an omen? Got up to about Centralia and the sky was brightened up with lightning. Then came heavy rain. Perhaps I am on the highway to hell. I take the Gravelly Lake exit and find the seaplane boat ramp. A few raindrops falling but no lightning. I had a map of the lake and decided to putt out to 80' of water and put the gear in. As I was passing 75' of water I noticed some fish on the screen. kokes or trout? Went out to 80' as planned and started fishing at 0650. I'm thinkin', what if those were kokes? So turn the boat around and sure enough get a driveby. Rebait and BANG my first ever American Lake koke. The bite was on and for the next hour I put 4 in the box and lost 2. Then things went wrong. I lost the next 4 fish in a row. I had a day like that back in July. I just kept fishing and finally the koke god's gave me #5 at 1030. Yeah Buddy,got it done! I didn't catch my 17-20" koke that I was after. I think that one got a way. The fish were all chromers 11.5-14". I will definitely be back. Hopefully it won't take 2 years.Attachment 6679Attachment 6680
    Last edited by BonkinKokes; 09-06-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Bonkinkokes glad you were finally able to make it up and thanks for the report.

Default 7 Sep 13

Me and my son fished American from noon till about 2pm and landed 5 kokes before we realized it was my wife's/mom's birthday tomorrow we land #5 and said we better go find her something or well be in the dog house. Fishing was nice with only 3 other boats, man I wonder where everyone is? Fish were between 38-40 on the riggers. We stopped and completed the gift on the way home. Two fish were over just over 15 and one at 16.

How does the saying go? Happy wife, happy life. Glad you guys remembered. Nice fish. Merwin produced exceptionally well this season. Lots of 15-16" fish. I saw a picture of one Merwin fish that went 16.8" on a local forum. It was caught in May I believe.

I would like to fish American again in the next month. However this time of year I want to hunt and fish. All this good stuff at once. Awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast