Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American 2013

Default American 2013

Went out this morning. Nothing not even a nibble. I did happen to get the crew teams to yell at me for cutting across there section of the lake... Hey its everyone lake. Anyways launched at 7 headed home at 1030ish right before allot of the rain hit. I did see one guy catch a fish, turned out to be a bass, while trolling, Never herd of that but i did see it happen. I stood around at the launch for a while and talked to everyone, nobody seemed to have even the slightest bite. Marked a few schools but couldn't get them to hit anything. Anyways kinda a miserable day out on the water, it was windy and raining off and on. Anyways hopefully someone else fished it and did real well.

Also kinda thought maybe we could make this the thread for american?

Thanks for the report! Been there and done that this time of year. At least you are getting out on on the water. What was the water temp?

Water temp still running 42-43.

Sorry for it taking so long to back to ya about the water temp. I wanna say maybe mid 40s is all i dont really remember sorry

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, it will get closer to the 50 degree range in the next two to three weeks with some decent weather.

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully, it will get closer to the 50 degree range in the next two to three weeks with some decent weather.
    Yeah man i still cant get over that i didn't get a single bite out there on last sat.

Well managed to get out today for about 3.5hrs. We were able to get a couple in the boat. Both bows and the smaller one came in at about 15in and the bigger at 16.5in. Talk about some fat bows out there and man can they fight. Might try and make it out again this week if i can. Oh i might add all came off downriggers set to about 20ft deep on a red and glow wedding band and tipped with fire corn. Couldnt tell ya the temp as my new depthfinder was acting up. Got home put in some updates and bingo bango it fired right up lets hope that fixed it.

Well went out to american last night. Dragged the grill out enjoyed some brats and then i let the wife reel in enough fish that she finally had to hand the rod off cause her arms where getting tired. Talk about a great night in the end we brought home five decent sized ones let at least twice twice that many loose(aka got off at the boat).These rainbows this year are fighting so much better than any stocked trouts i've ever caught, had one strip almost 50 feet worth of line off before i could even get to it last night. Anyways the lakes seems to be plugged up with the bows so get out there and thin the herd!!!!

Banshee..Lake rookie question...when your trolling there for bows are your running you Koke gear (wedding rings/hoochies) hoping for Kokananee? Or are you changing you offering to target Bows?
    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by KokeRook; 04-27-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by KokeRook View Post
    Banshee..Lake rookie question...when your trolling there for bows are your running you Koke gear (wedding rings/hoochies) hoping for Kokananee? Or are you changing you offering to target Bows?
    Thanks for the help.
    I change where im at normally, depending on what im targeting and rather im use wedding bands or hootiches and i change my bait. pm me if you want more details.

Anybody see the report on washington lakes form a couple of days ago. Man thats some huge kokes. Lets get after em boys!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrminbanshee View Post
    Anybody see the report on washington lakes form a couple of days ago. Man thats some huge kokes. Lets get after em boys!!!!!
    You are not kidding, those are some fine fish. Lets get after them!

Default American 19 May 13

My son and I hit American today Fish were caught 36-65 foot down on the riggers most were 36-45 foot range picked up 5 kokes and a trout. Used an arrow flasher and kokaneekidfishing spin n glows with green or pink Berkley's maggots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19 May 13.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	6273  

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    My son and I hit American today Fish were caught 36-65 foot down on the riggers most were 36-45 foot range picked up 5 kokes and a trout. Used an arrow flasher and kokaneekidfishing spin n glows with green or pink Berkley's maggots.
    way to go! i had been planing on going out this morning but the wife wanted to go on a hike. I hope to get out this week but not sure, since its finals weeks. But way to go what size where they?

Nice Work Darren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrminbanshee View Post
    way to go! i had been planing on going out this morning but the wife wanted to go on a hike. I hope to get out this week but not sure, since its finals weeks. But way to go what size where they?
    I think they were 12-13, but fat. I didn't measure them, they went straight to the smoker and are already gone.

Nice fish Darren. All I have to do is talk my wife into going out of county to get some like that. Other than a trip to Alaska, fat chance. Alo, not easy to talk her into an early start.

Fished PM 24 May, landed 3 kokes the water temp was 61.6 all fish were caught on kokaneekidfishing spin n glow pink. Depth was 38-45 foot down. When i started weather was good it changed and the Wind and rain was brutal and called it quits.

Say it ain't so!

Default 27 May

I decided to Fish today due some recent good reports from some friends, fished AM, landed 4 kokes depth was 30-45 foot down. It rained cats and dogs this morning three fish were 13 or so and this close to 16.5 brute was hauled in.

Name:	27 May KOKE.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	6291  

Very nice.

Nice Work TrollNFisher!! You and Winterun kicked butt yesterday. As for me, I was a Trout magnet. LOL At least they were decent size and I didn't get skunked like Friday

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    Nice Work TrollNFisher!! You and Winterun kicked butt yesterday. As for me, I was a Trout magnet. LOL At least they were decent size and I didn't get skunked like Friday
    Mark, you kick my butt 99.9 percent of the time. I still to the slayer. I just got lucky, see you on Saturday or Sunday I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    Mark, you kick my butt 99.9 percent of the time. I still to the slayer. I just got lucky, see you on Saturday or Sunday I'm sure.
    Both you guys kick my butt!!! But I think the weather kicked all are's on Monday!!! Glad to see you guys out there, in the rain and wind, giving it a go!!! Couldn't tell from this pic I took of your boat TrollNFisher around 6:30am that the weather turned for the worst!!! Tough conditions, I stayed out after I dropped of Ret Sgt Maj with his 4 fish around 11:30am to finish out my limit right before you left kokanee_slayer!!! Tough conditions no doubt, as TrollNFisher said just got lucky!!!
    Winterun

Name:	DSCN4749.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	6305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4750.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	6306  

Those kokes look good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast