Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: American 2013

American 9/8
    Found myself with the afternoon free, and what better way to spend it than on American!!! My wife and 2 daughters wanted to go do "The Puyallup" fair, and had asked if I wanted to go........I thought nawwwww to hot to walk around on blacktop in the middle of the day right!?!? My wife Kim smiled at me and said ok, but we'll have to go during the week after work, when it's cooler. I replied perfect!!! She quips back and says make sure you put on some sunscreen while your out on the water!!! Of course my reply was "Yes Dear"!!!
    Only fished from about 12ish to around 3ish when the pleasure boaters decided it was hot enough to come out to the lake. Not before I got my limit though. Talked with a nice fellow that was taking out that owned a white open Alumaweld when I was putting in. I asked how fishing was in the morning, he replied it was a tough go. He wished me luck as he noticed the sun was peeking through the clouds, I looked up and said thanks, yeah I'm going to need it, the bright sun might push them down. deep.
    Didn't do anything different from the last trip, except maybe started my troll at the VA and worked my way to the north end of the lake. Other than that, the usual 20 pulls back, 40' deep, and covered water from 50'-92' deep. Same 2 spinner rigs I tied up and have been using since July 19th I think, maybe I ought to retie those as the leaders were showing a bit of wear.
    Time to get the boat ready for Grays Harbor to tangle with some Chinook and Coho in the next week or so......well maybe another sortee into the lake (during the week after work when it's cooler) before then!!
    See you on the water.
    Winterun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1378683626771.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	6681
    Last edited by Winterun; 09-09-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Pretty bright fish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234