Thread: Directional rigger Wts.?

Default Directional rigger Wts.?

Is anyone using directional wts like Cabela's sells? In theory they look like a good idea. I'm wondering if they really get out to the side and if there would be problems making sharp turns?

Ive looked at them, but really dont see any advantage over normal weights. Where I fish, i am rarely deeper than 30' and dont think the extra foot or two they would swing out would be any real advantage. Gimmick in my book.

Ive never seen them, is there a certain type out there?

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Trollmonkey, I purchased a set once and found out I should have read the fine print. (There really wasn't any fine print to read.) Those directional weights use the concept of the bent fins to push the weight towards or away from the boat. The problem is, they are designed for salt fishermen that troll 3 - 5 mph. Slow trolling doesn't do enough to move them from their 12 lbs static weight.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks for the info SuperD. With any luck I'm good on wts for a while,but new stuff looks interesting.My brother -in-law is a machinist,so I may try to hit him up for a couple of Wts made from solid SS pipe, like dragonfly makes.

I picked one up last year. It is a joke for koke fishing at slow speeds. The weight wobbles back and forth at slow speed. You can see it on your rod tip. Don't waste the $