Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: things we are doing to our boats for this years fishing season

my jet has the extended bow so its is about 4' to the front bow chock which when by my self and loading hot makes it easy to be off to one side and miss it especially in the wind. so I was changing out to a new winch and thought if I had a rod or something as a guide to know where center was and where to stop would be great. so I cut, milled and drilled an aluminum angle

got a HD 1/4'' cable clamp and went down to Freddys which had there bicycle flags on clearance and grabbed that. cut it down to 4' dipped the tip in red tool grip so it would be easy to see and put it in the clamp.

now when I come in I can just line it up with the trolling motor or when off the anchor roller and it should be close enough to clip the safety chain and hook the winch. dfly
    Last edited by dragonfly; 04-30-2014 at 11:30 PM.

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

part 1. after cleaning my wheels after changing over to oil hubs I decided to clean and update my trainer by adding led lights' DOT Conspicuity tape and new grip tape here's what I started with

stripped off all the decals and stickers

part 2, this is after the CLR was applied and sprayed off, them washed down with soap and water.

now to apply the DOT tape, new grip tape and install the lights,

make sure you protect all aluminum from over spray or you will have white spots. to clean with I just used a cheep yellow sponge with the green scotch brite on it, and black nitrile gloves. dfly
    Last edited by dragonfly; 05-11-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Added a bump out on my down rigger mount to hold my dr weights, pliers and screw driver to adjust my release clipAttachment 7171

Am going to try posting my picture again of my addition to the DR mount.Attachment 7172

D'fly,

Trailer looks great and that whole rig sure has a nice shine to it. My friend here in WY has a TJ almost identical to your's named the General Lee and I have to say they are beautiful boats. As for me I completed most of the items on my pre season check list with a few exceptions. Hard to get it all done when your trying to get out for the season.
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

made a cup holder for the bigger coffee cups and the thick insulated cozies today I took some 1/2 diamond plate cut and milled to the right shape milled a hole for the insert drilled some holes and mounted it here's the procedure and results
    first the cup size difference

this is the finished product

this is the difference in fit

and this is it mounted

it might not sound like a big deal but the big coffee cups don't fit and I like the foam cozies over the neoprene ones for keeping caned pop, tea, and where appropriate beer cooler.

Cup holder are a big deal! One of the deciding factors on many new cars. It is also one of my biggest belly aches about my TJ. Dadgum coffee cup won't fit in the little cup holders. They are made for cans not cups. I have to rework mine too. Nice work Dfly.

IKEA sells these plastic cups with a lip for $.99/ea. You can hang them on a gunnel tray and they are large enough to fit insulated coffee cups or other beverage containers. The nice thing about them is you can move them around. They don't have to be mounted.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456