Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wounded Warrior Fishing Day-Washington

Default Wounded Warrior Fishing Day-Washington

Are we ready to try it again? As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
    Any one interested?

I will say maybe. I will have a 15 foot boat if it is ready by that time.

Thank you Kokanee-Toni.See you at the show.

In April is the Lake full? I asked someone to help but he needs the water to be at the docks for him to bring his boat.

A good Question for TrollnFisher.

According to Mr. Dan Gabriel of VFW Post 318, Our 501/3/c sponsor,We can expect 12 Wounded Veterans. That is the same number as last year. As far as volunteers, If more people want to show with their boat, come on up. If we don't have enough Vets to go around, at least come fish and meet some members you may not have yet met.

Sure! I don't have a big enough boat for another person, but an extra body wouldn't hurt to help on a boat or shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowe1648mt View Post
    Are we ready to try it again? As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
    Any one interested?

Thank You Kokanee-Lou. Right, We can use the help. Also as said, bring the boat. you might want to try Riffe Lake if you haven't yet. If you have, You can be of help to those that need it.

HTML Code:
    As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
    Any one interested?
    You can count me in again this year.

Thank you. The reservation is in for the kitchen shelter. I'm waiting on confirmation of the reservation. We have possible sponsorship for spinning rods from Cabelas in Marysville.
    If any one would like to volunteer, we still need to find a sponsor for drinks( no alcohol) , and food. Also any gear we could get donated to the Wounded Vets. If you want to, send me a private message. Or, send a public message.
    Chris

Count me in! I'll have room for 2 in my boat!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

I should be free around that time. Count me in, and I'll have room for 1 in the boat, and if we need to get some folks to the lake count me in for 3 passengers in the tow rig.

Winterun

Thank You,
    That brings us up to 6 boats and 6 of 12 vets served. We need six more boats. No rush, we still have 3 months.
    If you would like to help in another way, I could use some one to line up drinks( no alcohol). Also I would appreciate it if some one volunteered to find a donor for food.

Thanks Chis

lowe164mt:
    I'll be glad to help. I have room for 1-2 people. Live in Castle Rock area south of the lake. I've never fished for kokanee yet, but I'm going to give it a go this year. Thanks

Denny

kokonut-----I sent you a question about downrigger colors posting today, but I'm not sure you have seen it. I am trying to learn a few things about catching kokes. Thanks

Denny

lowe164mt:

Hi. I see I have a message, but I must have somehow blocked it. I can't open it up. You can e-mail me at whalendenton@comcast.net Hope that works.

Chalk us up as a "maybe" for right now, just need to check and make sure there isn't something else going on that day if the schedule is clear we will be there.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Thank you MudinChev , and Strike Zone for volunteering. I will keep every one posted as to future developments.

Thank you MudinChev , and Strike Zone for volunteering. I will keep every one posted as to future developments.
    Nothing on the calender so count Shawn and I in...........We have room for 2 (1 would be best but we could easily make 2 work).

We have a platform on the back of the boat with railing so its easy to move around or set up a chair if seating is needed for playing with the fish.
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 01-18-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

The reservation for the picnic shelter at Mossy Rock Park came back as accepted. One step closer to being ready. We could use 3 or 4 more boats . Also I could use a volunteer to get the drinks donated. as a suggestion, Costco,Walmart or a soft drink distributor would be a good place to start. 40 people, and 2 to 3 drinks apiece should do it. As for food, if someone wants to check for a donation for a food fund, and maybe come up with a menu, I would appreciate it. Last year we had hot dogs, hamburgers, and potato salad. Any thoughts on the menu? We are now open for requests/ recommendations.
    Thanks, Chris
    Last edited by lowe1648mt; 01-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Any thoughts on the menu? We are now open for requests/ recommendations.
    Thanks, Chris

Should we have some kokanee?

Kokanee-Toni,
    I'm lead to believe that Koknee are in short supply on Riffe Lake. If we as a group can come up with enough kokanee to cook, that would be a good thing. As I just smoked my last frozen koks from last year, I doubt the will last to April 20th. Can we count On catching enough koks this spring to fill the bill? Early season can be fickle up here. Good idea.
    My wife Anne and I will be at the show Friday afternoon.
    Chris

Kokanee-Toni,
    I'm lead to believe that Koknee are in short supply on Riffe Lake. If we as a group can come up with enough kokanee to cook, that would be a good thing. As I just smoked my last frozen koks from last year, I doubt the will last to April 20th. Can we count On catching enough koks this spring to fill the bill? Early season can be fickle up here. Good idea.
    My wife Anne and I will be at the show Friday afternoon.
    Chris
    I still have a freezer full of fish......and will likely be adding to it long before April. I had plans of Smoking up a batch before the trip, but I will likely be able to provide some fish. (Im one of those that love to fish but eating it is another story)

There aren't any kokanee in Riffe.
    I have no idea about catching in April there.
    I was still waiting to find out if the dock will be on land or water?
    All my kokanee are in jars. I said kokanee because this is the Kokanee Fishing Forum.

I thought that we could have some fish there. I can make a spread of kokanee for crackers. If someone has some smoked for our vets to try? That is what I was thinking of.

Kokanee-Toni,
    I will find out about the ramp, if possible on Monday. Sounds good about Kokanee spread on crackers.
    Mudinchevy.
    I like the idea of smoked Koks for trial for the Vets. Does anyone like the idea of cooking up some of the Coho for every one?

The water level on Riffe Lake, at this time is just off the ramp. The parks people I talked to said" It will be on the ramp before April 20th. However it may not be up to the dock." If you want up-dates on the level, call 1-888-502-8690.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast