Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wounded Warrior Fishing Day-Washington

I've had help. It's not just me doing this. If you read top to bottom, you will see that everyone has done their share to help.

The lake level is now at 731. Still going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1648mt View Post
    The lake level is now at 731. Still going in the right direction.

You stole my post :)

Lets just hope the fish and weather will now cooperate!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Today being the 12th, we have 7 days to firm up the menu. As is I have posted to this thread 3 posts to bring food. to include smoked kokanee,kokanee spread for crackers, donuts, drinks( Bottled water, and soda) ,
    I will bring hot dogs, buns, condiments,potato and macaroni salad,coffee, tea, hot coco, and charcoal. There are charcoal grills, electrical outlets, sinks, and garbage cans.
    Looks like we could still use, Paper plates,hot cups( maybe paper ones?) Plastic forks, knifes, spoons, and napkins.
    We have 2 or 3 people working on the small stuff ( gear for the rods). We have 3 people offering to help on the money end of things.

please share your receipts with me. If you have a different take on the menu, post up. I don't want to be a Dictator. Chris

For any of you that missed it, we plan on meeting at he dining shelter a 8:00 AM.

I will bring 12...lures, kokanee roll ups, some chips, and napkins.

Thank you Kokanee-Toni. See you there.

I am still good with bringing Smoked Kokanee, Did a test run last Monday, and I still have PLENTY of fish (hope to be adding to the pile tomorrow too ), Thinking 2 batches which should be 40-50 fillets.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Thank you Team Wild Child. That's a lot of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1648mt View Post
    Thank you Team Wild Child. That's a lot of fish.
    Chris: Looks like you've got things well under control and are doing a great job. I am in a little bit of a pickle as far as making it up there and using my boat to help out as necessary. I messed up my back two weeks ago and it still hasn't healed up. I went to the VA yesterday and they gave me some exercises to do, but it's a slow process to getting better. I will be there with bells on if I can. Our wounded vets deserve all the fun they can have. They've earned it. Hope to see everyone there next Saturday.
    Denny

Denny you are obviously a veteran also. I know you will be there if possible. Don't push it. If you can come, we can find the help you might need to launch and retrieve your boat. Netting the fish should be the hardest thing to do.
    Good Luck Chris

Picked up the poles today. 8 hours round trip.Something like 325 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Zone View Post
    Chris: Looks like you've got things well under control and are doing a great job. I am in a little bit of a pickle as far as making it up there and using my boat to help out as necessary. I messed up my back two weeks ago and it still hasn't healed up. I went to the VA yesterday and they gave me some exercises to do, but it's a slow process to getting better. I will be there with bells on if I can. Our wounded vets deserve all the fun they can have. They've earned it. Hope to see everyone there next Saturday.
    Denny
    Denny, I'll be driving up on Sat. morning early going past your house,Soooo if you are able just give me a call! Plenty of room in my boat !!
    Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

I called today (4-16 ) and the Lake water level is 737 & full is 778, or 41 ft. below full. The recording say's the Mossy Rock launch ramp is useable.

But I just read on another forum from someone that was there today that the " upper ramp is closed and the lower ramp is out of the water"

Can someone check this again ASAP?

KOKONUTS
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Default ramps

There are 3 ramps at Mossyrock at least 1 is usable at 730. The 3 ramps are all different lengths.
    Go here and it gives you real time and predicted depth.http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/station/fl...id=MSRW1&pe=HF
    I went there when there was less water and a bigger boat than what you have and it did just fine. We did need 4x4 but it was the slipperiness of the ramp that it was needed.
    I think it will be just fine to launch but it will be a loonnnggg ramp to back down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-17-13.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	6103
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ramp and jerry re.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	6104  

Thanks Toni!! I was a little worried when I read the other report!

See you on Sat. Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Just wanted to find out if anyone was commuting from the Tacoma area and wanted to caravan down to Mossy Rock Saturday morning??? I was thinking of leaving around 5:00am to get the boat in the water, but open to different times and routes. As I was just going to take the I5 route, a bit longer, but mostly all freeway. Send me a note if you want to caravan down.
    Winterun

Not sure if any one is coming from farther south than Woodland, but Kokonuts and I are hopefully going to be rolling onto the freeway in Woodland about 6:15 or so. I am planning on making a pit stop somewhere for a quick (fast food) breakfast, Woodland or Kelso maybe.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Quote Originally Posted by Winterun View Post
    Just wanted to find out if anyone was commuting from the Tacoma area and wanted to caravan down to Mossy Rock Saturday morning??? I was thinking of leaving around 5:00am to get the boat in the water, but open to different times and routes. As I was just going to take the I5 route, a bit longer, but mostly all freeway. Send me a note if you want to caravan down.
    Winterun
    We will be leaving Tacoma around 5:30. We will also be going the freeway all the way down as well. See you all down there!

We used the ramp at 717 and it was rough, but at 737, we feel VERY confident that it won't be an issue.

Looks like ill be leaving south hill at 545 in order to get down there in time. I cant wait hope the wind isnt to bad!

There goes my beauty sleep.
    Going through Morton from SH it only takes about 1 3/4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee-Toni View Post
    There goes my beauty sleep.
    Going through Morton from SH it only takes about 1 3/4 hours.
    Looks like i might be following you as i am also south hill(im about a block away from the dump in graham). So if you see a white truck pulling a blue lund feel free to honk.

Default Weather

While the water looks like it will be up but so does the wind. At least at this time. Let us pray that it will blow itself out on Friday.

I will be leaving Rainer at around 545 heading south so I'll see most of you on the highway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast