Thread: Bear lake 11-24-12

Default Bear lake 11-24-12

Hit Bear lake today with my dad, Agitator and Mrs Agitator. On the water by 0800 hrs. Off at 1500 hrs. We landed 7 cutts. No Mack's. two largest were around 4-5 lbs. all others were around 2lbs. Two of the smaller cutts spit out full size Cisco when netted.

Water temps were 48 at launch and 49 when we called it a day. Air temps at launch were 25 and 44 at load up. Great day on the water with my dad and great friends.

Will put photos up later.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Last report I got was very slow at the Bear. We have some good weather instore for us this coming week. Time to slip out and hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Last report I got was very slow at the Bear. We have some good weather instore for us this coming week. Time to slip out and hit it.
    We had a great day Rog. Fish were scattered and not all stacked up like cord wood. We found small groups and many lookers and a couple misses also. Those seven all made it into the net, carefully released to swim away and be caught again another day.

With two of the fish caught spitting up Cisco I feel that things are just going to get better right up to the cisco run in January. One of the cisco was full of eggs.

If you go up, give me a call and I will share some more details with you. Location was key up there saturday

Its hard to beleive these cutts gorge themselves with cisco sticking out of there mouth and still take on more including your offering. Getting close to the cisco disco. Weather report shows haze & inversion for a few days on the valley floors with the possibility of a a big storm coming in to clean out the air quality this upcoming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Its hard to beleive these cutts gorge themselves with cisco sticking out of there mouth and still take on more including your offering. Getting close to the cisco disco. Weather report shows haze & inversion for a few days on the valley floors with the possibility of a a big storm coming in to clean out the air quality this upcoming weekend.
    That is the same thing we were saying I guess when the y want your offreings they want it . EL Torro Marks' new one footed featherd freind was loving it
    "Run Silent Run Deep"

Yea, that seagull just would not leave. He or she was persistent

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    Yea, that seagull just would not leave. He or she was persistent
    Well darn Mark, I was hoping you could tell the gender of that dirty bird, especially with all of the jewery you have in your possession.

I'm good Roger but I'm not that good

Default Bear Lake 11-28-2012

My turn, spent a gorgeous day on Bear. Went up fully dressed for some cold temps and ended up getting a slight sunburn. It warmed up to near 50F. Caught 3 cutts with one weighing about 5lbs and one laker weighing in at 10lbs. All released for another days play.

Mark, I found your little friend the gull. It hung around for a good 1 1/2hrs relocating whenever I would get a little distance away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 Bear L 11-28-2012.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	5716  

Thats my buddy. Did he have a club foot? if so thats him.

Great job. Did anything I shared with you help?

Way to go B !!!!!!!! Next time you go up during the week give me a holler . Maybe we can work somthing out before the weather turns on us .

Ithink we named that gull El Torro it's lunch diet was Cisco an Vannilla waffers the day we were there .
    "Run Silent Run Deep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    Thats my buddy. Did he have a club foot? if so thats him.

Great job. Did anything I shared with you help?
    I wasn't paying attention to a club foot. Yes, what we talked about helped out a great deal Mark. Appreciate the info.

agitator
    Way to go B !!!!!!!! Next time you go up during the week give me a holler . Maybe we can work somthing out before the weather turns on us .
    I'm waiting to see what develops for next week as far as weather. Too far out to tell now. I'm always going on a moments notice but will send you a PM when it happens. I will be happy to have some company. I'm even considering trying Rock Port soon. I like those Bear fish.