Thread: KPO - Call for Nominations

Default KPO - Call for Nominations

When we originally formed our current board we needed to fill position quickly so we could start planning derbies, so we had an election without taking nomination from the members. We are now at a good point that we can officially elect a Board of Directors taking nominations from all members. We are requesting nominations for the following positions:
    President
    Vice President
    Treasurer
    Secretary

Please make sure the person you are nominating, wants to be nominated for the position. All nominations will be accepted via an e-mail to the current board or a current board member see list below. Please include the following information in the e-mail:
    - nominees first and last name
    - contact phone number (we will call nominees to confirm their acceptance
    - position you are nominating them for
    - your first and last name

If we are unable to reach the person being nominated by November 23rd, they will be disqualified. You may also nominate yourself. The nomination process will start immediately and end promptly on November 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM. We are also looking for people to volunteer, so if you or anyone you know would like to volunteer for next year season, please let us know. A small group of dedicated volunteers have worked to get the organization where it is today. To maintain the organization and to move it forward, more volunteer help is very much needed. The current level of involvement by a few is not sustainable. Please get involved, if only for one derby, anything helps. The board will hold a meeting on December 3, 2012 and vote on all positions that have nominees. We will post election results on our website no later than December
    10th.

Has there been any action on this? This board is pretty quiet this time of year, I am just curious. Most people are probably not aware of the situation. Could we make this a Sticky in the general discussion? It might get more exposure.

I just talked to Shawn (Wild Child) and we would like to help out, maybe not in an "official" capacity, but maybe something geared toward the youth involvement. Those that know Shawn know that he is passionate about this and I would like to see him share some of his enthusiasm with the other kids. Hes definitely got enough to go around!
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 11-23-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

I'll second this one! Shawn is PERFECT to help out the other Juniors!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Any updates on the new board?