Thread: Ice fishing the Berry for Kokes

Default Ice fishing the Berry for Kokes

I have caught a lot of Kokes through the ice in my time. In my book they taste better than the ones that I catch in the Summer. Why doesn't anyone go for them on the Berry? Or the Gorge for that matter? I have heard of people catching an occasional koke through the ice at the berry, but this is an extremely rare event. Does anyone know why you can catch them through the ice on some reservoirs, but not others. Has anyone tried? If I only had a snowmobile . . .

Quote Originally Posted by davefishman View Post
    I have caught a lot of Kokes through the ice in my time. In my book they taste better than the ones that I catch in the Summer. Why doesn't anyone go for them on the Berry? Or the Gorge for that matter? I have heard of people catching an occasional koke through the ice at the berry, but this is an extremely rare event. Does anyone know why you can catch them through the ice on some reservoirs, but not others. Has anyone tried? If I only had a snowmobile . . .
    I've had 100 koke days at Causey
    I just know stuff...

I have a couple of snowmobiles and willing to give the berry a shot this winter. I have never fished for them before in the winter, but I will this year if I can find someone to go with.

I agree with petty causey is probably the best bang for your buck through the ice, there are some decent sized kokes in there and they are willing on most days.