Thread: Tape Cutting?

Default Tape Cutting?

What are ya'll using to cut tape for dodgers etc? I've tried razor blades ,it works ,but it's easy to get off track.

I use a one size down dodger as a template, i.e. a 4.5" dodger as template for 5.5" dodger tape. I put some scotch tape doubled over between my template and the dodger tape. I use an X-acto knife with new blades to cut the dodger tape. All in all a real pita but the end result is close to perfect. The guys that have a wife into scrap booking or has a friend into scrap booking is who has it made. The cricket multicraft cutters can do a million shapes and sizes. Start asking around, you find a source there and you're golden.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

From one cut up to another... First I use a light piece of sandpaper to rough up the backing on the tape. Then I can trace around a template with a pen or marker. A good pair of scissors can make a quality cut. Peel, apply, and go fishing!

I also use smaller versions of the design to get the general shape. Once it's cut i save the paper backing to use as rough templates for future tape jobs. I use sissors except for ladder backs...those get done with a razor knife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0424.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	5654  

Thanks for the ideas guys.Now I've got to get an X-acto knife and some good scissors.

Matte-cutters for picture framing make great straight cuts and these other guys have the rest of it.