Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Lake September 15

Default Bear Lake September 15

This is a spin off from other thread for a Bear gathering. The date is set for Sept 15. All interested in potluck at the end of the day sign in here and what you can bring. With all the wildfires we have been having here throughout the state, I would think there would be a ban on campfires. My suggestion is to meet 3pm at the Garden City state park which has good facilities, restrooms, fish cleaning station, picnic tables, launch ramp, and plenty of space for BS.

Have fun. See ya next year
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

I'll be there Rog. Dont know what ill bring yet.
    I just know stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    This is a spin off from other thread for a Bear gathering. The date is set for Sept 15. All interested in potluck at the end of the day sign in here and what you can bring. With all the wildfires we have been having here throughout the state, I would think there would be a ban on campfires. My suggestion is to meet 3pm at the Garden City state park which has good facilities, restrooms, fish cleaning station, picnic tables, launch ramp, and plenty of space for BS.

Super, I'll check with my fishing partner and clear with the Boss.

Just to clarify for me, we will meet at the Marina area of Bear Lake State Park? I usually launch from there anyway.

There is a ban on fires in the East Side areas of Bear Lake State Park: "Due to extremely dry conditions North Eden, Rainbow Cove, Cisco Beach, South Eden and First Point are closed to all fires including charcoal briquettes. Propane stoves are allowed".

Nothing is mentioned about a fire ban at the other areas of the Park (Rondezvous Beach and the Marina), although I am not sure what facilities are available at the Marina for building fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    Have fun. See ya next year
    Mark, I might see you the following weekend.

I called the folks at the marina state park. They confirmed no campfires on the east side but a charcoal burner is allowed right there at the marina facilities. I will be bringing my weber coal burner to cook hamburgers & hot dogs or if someone wants to burn steaks. I'll bring hot dogs and some buns.

There is a really nice picnic pavillion adjacent to the parking lot/fishing cleaning station at the north end of the marina parking lot. Perfect for a gathering like this one. Its first come/first serve, but is typically open at that time of year. I hope to be there fishing with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BearLakeFishGuy View Post
    There is a really nice picnic pavillion adjacent to the parking lot/fishing cleaning station at the north end of the marina parking lot. Perfect for a gathering like this one. Its first come/first serve, but is typically open at that time of year. I hope to be there fishing with everyone else.
    Come on out and join us. Looking fwd to meeting up with you.

I received a report from the Labor Day weekend that good numbers of lake trout & cutthroats are showing. The bite should be getting better. For those of us that are traveling a little distance, sunrise is around 7am now and the feeling of fall is in the air. Cooler temps about mid 70's to 80F during the day & 40's at night and a full moon phase is behind us. I'm feeling good about this trip coming up.

Going to try Sunday and hope to have some good to report. I'm fairly new to Bear Lake, but have a general idea of how to go about it.

Default Reminder sept 15

Just want to put out a reminder that we are a week away. Need all to chime back in whos going and how many in your party. Weather picture for 10 day forecast shows clear with daytime temps in mid 70's with light wind(6mph), 40's at night. But we know this can change.

BDuck Hot Dogs, buns, small charcoal grill
    Petty4life chips
    smokepoles +1 buns, plastic and paper, sourkraut, side salad.
    AFDan +1 Brats, mustard, ketchup, relish, bucket of stink bait
    Gonefishing-canceled
    Last edited by Bduck; 09-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Yes, me and a buddy will be there. I'll be glad to bring whatever is needed for the potluck.

I plan on launching from the state marina 6:30 to 7ish and likely will see some of the group. I have an older 19.5 Sea Nymph Sportfisher, gray with some maroon striping. It'd be nice to stay in contact during the day. I only have a handheld for my boat, but should work OK to cover most of Bear Lake.

Roger, my son and I will be there for sure. Let me know what else is needed for the meal.

Question What to bring

Brats to cook with hotdogs, mustard, ketchup, relish, drinks or your own preferred beverage, paper plates, chips, side dish, anything you want to help with will be fine short of a bucket of stink bait that is.

Be careful what you ask for my friend, LMAO

ill bring a couple bags of chips
    I just know stuff...

this might be a long shot again i was hoping i would be able to catch a ride to fish on saturday with someone i have my own gear please let me know thanks

Went to Bear Lake yesterday. Beautiful day on the water and marked a lot of fish but could not interest them in anything. Maybe just my inexperience although talked to two boats that said the same thing. Anyway, still looking forward to next Saturday and maybe learning a thing or two on fishing the lake.

Bduck, I'll bring brats and buns, plastic silverware and 6" paper plates, ketchup and mustard, some sourkraut, and chips or a pasta salad.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman_288 View Post
    this might be a long shot again i was hoping i would be able to catch a ride to fish on saturday with someone i have my own gear please let me know thanks
    Sorry, I'm loaded. I wish I could help out.

Just checked the weather picture and looks like we are in for a gorgeous day with the high being 80. Possible wind to 13mph which is good in my book. Is it Saturday yet?

Hard part will be deciding which of you guys to follow so to get in the fish and learn how it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Hard part will be deciding which of you guys to follow so to get in the fish and learn how it's done!
    There has been times that fishing Bear has been good and times I couldn't even buy a bite. If you follow me I could be taking you right into hell. But the bright side is if freezes over I'll pull out the auger and start drilling thru the ice for a added fishing trip. Just 2 more days.

Default Having Fun

As small as the turnout was, we had fun. Weather was perfect, too perfect for the circus that ended up there. A small wind came and went which didn't hamper fishing. The fishing could have been a little better for most but again weather was playing a factor, too nice. Another trip is in the works but only after it turns into colder conditions which hopefully will turn on the bite and lesson traffic on the lakes. Again the small group had a good feast at the end and good company makes for good BS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDuck's 8lb Mack.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	5627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDuck's 4lb Cutt.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	5626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF Dan.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smokepoles.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	5629  

Small turn out? What happened? What a day. I was on the road driving for 12 hours. Gonna try and make it up the next two weekends. Plus a little deer hunting along with it.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Roger, just a small correction - the fishing was great, but the catching could have been a little better. As many fish as were stacked up, it sure seems that it'll take some fall weather to get them going. Summer looks to continue for another week and and as Dan predicted it might be October before they really get going.

The get together was low key and just to my liking.

Question of the day: How long does it take four guys to clean three fish? A) 15 min B) 30 min C) 45 min D) 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast