Thread: New look of site and spam issues.

Default New look of site and spam issues.

I have really had to get used to the new look of this site. I'm still struggling with it. It's time to change something's though admin with the amount of spam that's on here again each early morning. These people or go bots are a real pain in the tail.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Personally, I'd really like an apartment in Mexico on a marina, BUT I can't read spanish!!! LOL!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

--not sure if you have changed something in security? I can't get on to the forum with my current (old) explorer is it something to do with the new edition coming out that is going toblock older editions?
    --when I use firefox (not my default) I can get on almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    --not sure if you have changed something in security? I can't get on to the forum with my current (old) explorer is it something to do with the new edition coming out that is going toblock older editions?
    --when I use firefox (not my default) I can get on almost immediately.
    Try deleting your saved favorite to the site and your cookies through Explorer. Then re-establish the site connection.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Try deleting your saved favorite to the site and your cookies through Explorer. Then re-establish the site connection.
    My concern is that it takes so long to navigate from one page to another. Each time I change, I get a solid black screen with a picture in the upper right corner of one guy with a bent rod and another guy looking on. It just sits there and buffers for up to a minute before changing. Another issue, it used to be easy to jump from the kokanee forum to the non-kokanee forum. Now, I have to back out completely, then retry to non-kokanee, which also means another couple of times through the black screen and another minute or two of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    I have really had to get used to the new look of this site. I'm still struggling with it. It's time to change something's though admin with the amount of spam that's on here again each early morning. These people or go bots are a real pain in the tail.
    I don't check the forum in the morning so silverbullets must clean it all up before i see it. Yes the change has been a pain but it was needed, it wouldn't have been so bas if firstlightnet would have kept the programing up to date but when its 5years out of date a new up to date program is kinda a shock.
    I just know stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by stellar973 View Post
    My concern is that it takes so long to navigate from one page to another. Each time I change, I get a solid black screen with a picture in the upper right corner of one guy with a bent rod and another guy looking on. It just sits there and buffers for up to a minute before changing. Another issue, it used to be easy to jump from the kokanee forum to the non-kokanee forum. Now, I have to back out completely, then retry to non-kokanee, which also means another couple of times through the black screen and another minute or two of waiting.
    I've already reported the speed problem and its being worked on
    I just know stuff...

Hi,

New forum site is SLOW AS MOLASSES !

SeaDog

I've been taking care of spam issues in the mornings. If you see one i missed just shoot me a pm...thanks.

I was working on the speed issue for the last few days, as soon as Petty4life indicated there is a problem.

There was a number of settings we had to adjust, but the site should be way faster, and more responsive now.

I also installed an antispam product. It will not eliminate all of the spam, but should decrease the volume. It relies on a central database shared between different forums. If a spammer is banned somewhere else, he will be denied registration at our forum. I will monitor how it works in the next few days, and adjust the settings if necessary.

Thank you all for reporting the problems!

thank you for a great site

Quote Originally Posted by pwadm View Post
    I was working on the speed issue for the last few days, as soon as Petty4life indicated there is a problem.

There was a number of settings we had to adjust, but the site should be way faster, and more responsive now.

I also installed an antispam product. It will not eliminate all of the spam, but should decrease the volume. It relies on a central database shared between different forums. If a spammer is banned somewhere else, he will be denied registration at our forum. I will monitor how it works in the next few days, and adjust the settings if necessary.

Thank you all for reporting the problems!
    thanks PW. speen seams alot faster now
    I just know stuff...

I only notice "the issues" everyone is noticing when I am on a PC, using Internet Explorer. However, when on a PC and I use Mozilla Firefox, I still see the issues, but it is quicker to navigate. I personally use all Apple at home, running Safari, (save your Apple blasts for someone who wants to here them...) and have absolutely no issues with slow speed or switching or navigating the site, nor do I see the bent rod guy like we all notice when using Exploder and Firefox. I think the site works great when surfing it at home with Safari and I am quite new to it all..........maybe ya'll should switch over to Apple - it was the best thing I ever did. 8^) Keep up the good work trying to make it usable for all no matter......I hate IT and the issues it brings, I don't work in IT, and I appreciate all the hard work people do to keep sites working. Thanks!

I'm with you on the apple thing. I pretty much use an iPad and it's slick and fast.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Just what this old goat needs first thing in the morning. Pictures of pretty young things looking for a date. Spam gravy ain't wavy!
    "There's no losing in fishing. You either catch or you learn."

Quote Originally Posted by rgarbar View Post
    Just what this old goat needs first thing in the morning. Pictures of pretty young things looking for a date. Spam gravy ain't wavy!
    Ed Zachery, you nailed that one for me. I find the Google Ads on the site way more annoying than the actual spammers. Like I said above, I'd stand a better chance of an apartment in Mexico on the water than a date with Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar973 View Post
    Navigation is much, much better. Black picture is gone, and it's faster. Thanks for the fix.

Unlike you other guys, I really need to meet with Stephanie. She is only half a mile from me.

I really like a gal who lives in the middle of a lake.

Molasses are only as fast as the mole in front of them .If that makes sense to you let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
    Hi,

New forum site is SLOW AS MOLASSES !

SeaDog

SuperD ,I'm jealous and confused I thought Stephanie was 2.8 miles away and wanted to meet me. Maybe she just has a thing for koke fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmonkey View Post
    SuperD ,I'm jealous and confused I thought Stephanie was 2.8 miles away and wanted to meet me. Maybe she just has a thing for koke fishermen.
    I would like that car she drives. She's getting around.

i like the site. no problems. maybe being from the country, i am more relaxed and don't need everything to happen instantly.
    REDNECK. and proud of it.
    Reel Rednecks fishing team..