Thread: Scent Storage?

Default Scent Storage?

How do y'all store your fish scents? I 'm bad to forget and leave it in my boat for the next trip,which sometimes is longer than I planned. Also had a bottle of trout gravy pop in the boat while I was gone on vacation.

I use a small plastic rubbermaid container to hold the bottles so that leaks are contained. The container with the lid on also gets me a pass with the wife to store it in the garage refrig between trips without argument.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

yes I have a plastic ammo box with the sealed lid its tall so everything stands up and I put all the oils, sents, eggs, corn, etc that can leak or smell and stores in the refer. when I am not useing it. my grand daughter calls it the stinky box and always makes sure I don't forget it. dfly

Thanks guys,an airtight container would take care of things.I usually keep crawlers in my little fridge in the fishroom ,I'll just make room for a small scent box. I had some crawlers escape in the big fridge crisper one time ,so I'm on thin ice with my wife when I store weird stuff.How long does most scent generally last if not used up? And does refrigeration extend scent life? It's hard to tell by smell if some scents have gone bad.

If it is faithfully refrigerated I'll use it for 2 seasons and then replace whether it is technically still "good" or not.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk