Thread: American

Default American

So after no response here i thouhgt well shoot nobodys fishing out there. So i decided to go out and make a report. i had herd a rumor that there where some huge kokes out there so off i went in search of kokes and well like this spring i cought a bunch of bows. The guys at work like em so i figuered i would take em in to them and them wham i got a take down from another. And this one had some fight to it took bout 10 mins to get in. I play em allot so as to not worry bout them spitting/ripping out that hook. Got it up to the boat and was freaking out it was a huge koke. Im talking when i measured it 17.5in

And then on the cutting board

Check out these fillets

And looking like a prfessional job

So all in all it was a great morning out there on the lake gonna be fishing it hard next week so wish me luck cause im gonna need it. Best koke i have ever caught or seen man feels good to be koke fishing and not out on the sound. The more sound fishing i do the less i like it. look for more reports from me on american. Also gonna try and catch some crawdads out there so if you have any advice feel free to fill me in.

Banshee,
    Sorry guy, I should have responded to your thread last week but I was on vacation. Yes there are some big boys around but only few, and there's plenty of rainbows in the mix also! I got these 2 the day before I left for vacation on a tip from "Stradic" here on the board. There also in that 17" class of kokes we go crazy for!!! Got lucky I guess since I hadn't fished American since the end of May.
    Good job out there though, as "Stradic" would put it you've unlocked the secret if you've found them. I'll probably be in there this Sunday after I fish in the Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers Derby on Saturday.
    Good luck maybe I'll see you out there!
    Winterun
    Attachment 5500