Thread: Fishing Koks late

Default Fishing Koks late

Question for you guys, When does the Kok bite start winding down for the year? Is august still a good month?

MS

I'm about the last guy you want to get advice from, but I think it is getting a bit late. They start to get into the spawning thing late August in my neck off the woods. You might have a couple of weeks. They maybe a bit deeper if the water is warmer. When they school up, I don't know for sure. I always wondered about ice fishing for them, but I like to be in front of the FirePlace then. Maybe someone else can help out.

My brother and I were recently fishing here in Colorado, looking mainly for trout, but also for kokanee, at one of the resevoirs we saw quiet a few people snagging, and bringing up a lot of fish! We found a couple of snagging hooks on some line left there, so we tried it out, but no luck! We thought we were doing it right, and we know the fish were there. I was wondering if maybe someone could give me a few pointers on the basic techniques of snagging.
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 10-25-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: removed spam links

Snagging ,though legal someplaces,is bad ummkay.

we stay hot untill mid oct, than the f/g shut the lake down to gather eggs for 2 wks, than reopen for snagging. sep/oct is primo koke time

--Largest fish of the season are still available to be caught.
    --I'm fishing UV hoochie or tumbler lure behind UV Oki flasher/dodger 45-65 ft on downrigger.
    --No need to snag these fish will bite even if red..(not that I would target them once red)
    --Also remember the majority of the kokanee population in the lake are not going to spawn this season. If you have a lake that produces larger fish the 3 year fish will still be of good size and worth trying for.