Thread: Buckboard area 07/21/2012

Default Buckboard area 07/21/2012

Hit the lake at around 7:00 am with my dad and Cory and started banging the kokes right away. We caught some beautiful fish and had a great day. We had luck using green RMT Sockeyeslayer bugs behind fushion and hyperplad dodgers in 5.5 " did well with larger 8" hot spot loppers at 1.5 mph.

Pearlescent white squids and double pink RMT squids continue to produce fish at just about anytime and location on the lake. Depths that continued to produce fish all day wee 45-55 feet. Tipping your squids with gulp maggots is always a sure bet.

Many many boats in the breeze hill area. Fish seem to be at least 3-4 weeks ahead of what they normally are this time of year. Had a great bite for a while on father Murphy bugs also.

My dad had a great trip, thanks Cory for letting us jump in with you my brotha. We fished with Fishley for lakers on Sunday. Great bite and had some nice fish on that came un buttoned on the way up. Braden landed a nice 26 pounder , dad a nice 7 lb pup and
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

WTG Mark,we we out on Sunday also. It was the granddaughter's last trip before she heads back to Florida. We didn't catch as many fish as usual,but we were catching bigger fish. We ended the day with six fish over 4lbs, The biggest fish was the granddaughters last fish ,it went just a tad under 5lbs.While everyone was on the east side of breeze hill,we stayed on the west side away from the mob,and had plenty of action.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Nice going guys. I was suspecting the fish were fatting up some ahead of time. I hope to sneak out up there soon for a day but need to get past Pioneer Days all of this week. Tim, I hope your granddaughter enjoyed her visit. She did very good pumping gas in my boat. I haven't forgotten.

As did we Tim on Saturday when we were out. And even a little further south by Lowe canyon. I figured she was headin home any day now. Hope your tie with her was great. I know my weekend will be filled with good memories.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Thanks to both Mark and Roger. she had a good time while she was here. I had forgotten what it was like to be around a 12year old girl(does the drama ever end) lol I was very proud of her progress,that she made during her time with me. From totally freakin out about a little fish blood on her leg, to learning how to clean fish.. By time she left ,she was handling the downrigger like a pro. Roger,,funny little story about why she wanted to pump the gas,instead of us old men,seems like she was in bad need to make a call to mother nature,and she knew she could do it faster.lmao that kid cracks me up sometimes.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Yea, you don't mess with mother nature. When she says go, there is no hesitating. We old guys might be little slow, but she won't like my other speed.