Thread: October koke's

Default October koke's

I am headed to strawberry on sunday to hopefully hook up with some dinner. Any suggestions as to where to start and what depth. I am planning on using the summertime patterns and going from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jekern1015 View Post
    I am headed to strawberry on sunday to hopefully hook up with some dinner. Any suggestions as to where to start and what depth. I am planning on using the summertime patterns and going from there.
    id use glow lures and blades, water is murky right now
    I just know stuff...

We launched from Aspen grove marina at sun up and spent alot of time trolling. I did not see much on the fish finder below thirty feet, for that matter all I saw was the algea bloom for the top thirty feet. We did catch alot of 12-13 inch rainbows. We ran over to the strawberry side and picked up a lot of marks at 60' at the mouth of the canyon that takes you to the narrows across from the main marina. I trolled through that area 5 or 6 times, alot of pole bouncing but no hookups. I can only assume they were koke's based on the rainbows were hittihg our stuff at 24' and all the reports on the cutts seamed to be in even shallower water.