Thread: Ipilot

Default Ipilot

Thinking of getting one since I troll by my self allot, Anyone have one? If so how do you like it? Is it worth it?

Thanks for any feed back.

I put a Minn Kota Terrova I-Pilot 80# 60" shaft on my Lund Alaskan last year and love it. Hands down the best bow mount electric I've ever owned & worth it's weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. Get one you won't regret it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070442.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	3970  

I bought one two seasons ago. It's great! If it were to be stolen or fall off into the water, I'd have another one before I went fishing again. Worth every penny you pay for it!

c

I purchased the Minn Kota Terrova 80 with the I pilot best thing I ever bought. Mine is a 24 volt and I use two Interstate 29 series batterys. I like the way it trolls into the wind no problems and the anchor button is a dream come true for jigging over a crowd of Kokanee. I have the remote and the foot control. The only problem I have is hooking up to the transducer on the motor.

Hi JTM, This is just a suggestion, so take it for what it's worth. I have a Garmin TR-1 Autopilot attached to a 8hp Honda on a 21' NW Jetboats Signature model. Have been using the TR-1 over 12 years, replaced the original last year with the new one that has all the belles and whistles. Like clem, if for some reason I lost it, I would immediately replace it. When fishing with down-riggers I just turn the autopilot on, set the desired speed, then I'm free to work with the fishing gear, it keeps the boat on course in breezy conditions, has infinite throttle control, it's like having someone steer the boat while you fish. Most of my fishing is for Steelhead on the Snake River in Hell's Canyon, where I use it constantly, would be lost without it. you can find it on this page: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...w=1280&bih=657 , it might be easier to just Google "Garmin TR-1 Autopilot Gold". The I-Pilot is a great unit, this is just another choice.

Thanks for all the feed back, everything positive. I am now convinced I have to have this. Now if I can just slip it by the wife...

Default Ipilot

JTM,

Good luck slipping it by the wife. Let us know how that goes :).

Too, let us know how you like the Ipilot. Maybe we'll all have to get one. Aren't they a bit spendy?

~AO

Default I-pilot

I added one to my power drive V2 and love it. It was a super easy install as I had the basic PDV2 - took about 10 minutes. I troll alone a lot and it's invaluable for contolling the boat while I'm rigging, jigging and reeling them in.

Just pulled the trigger on the terrova 80 with I-pilot, Thanks for all your advice I'm sure this is going to help me out big time this year.

Quote Originally Posted by avid_outdoorsman View Post
    JTM,

Good luck slipping it by the wife. Let us know how that goes :).

Too, let us know how you like the Ipilot. Maybe we'll all have to get one. Aren't they a bit spendy?

~AO
    AO Wife does not know yet, SHHHHH. And yeah they are spendy.

Jim your not kidding they are spendy just had a 101 Minn Kota auto Pilot installed 36 volts/its the Rip tide model but my wife purchased for us for Christmas can't wait to try it out its install now a bow mount. There are alot of folks out there who use them will open up some new avenues for fishing good luck with yours

Default Great News

The company Remote Troll is coming come out with their version of I Pilot for the kicker. The info I received is that it will be available later this year. I recently purchased a new Remote Troll for my kicker and the mounting bracket has been updated with the modification to receive the transducer. I'll be one to have this ad on. I don't have the electric trolling motor with an I Pilot system like alot do but going the other way will mean a cheaper setup for me.

Going on my 3rd year with a Terrova 55 i-pilot - absolutely love it!!!!! Way more fishing and way less driving/worrying

I agree I love my I pilot just wish that I had got it in a 24v but I'm thinking of putting in another battery and installing a battery switch so when it runs low I can switch to a fresh one.12v is not big enuf for my 17' super hawk

I'm kinda worried about how long it will last, I have the 24 volt with two group 27 batts. My boat is 17 foot I got the 80 hoping it was over kill and the batts would hold up well, will give a report as soon as I get it out to fish. Sure glad everyone is happy with there purchase, makes me feel like I made the right decision.