Thread: Old man wants to get some at Blue Mesa

Default Old man wants to get some at Blue Mesa

I am going to Blue mesa 6/22. Staying at Stevens creek or Elk creek. New fishfinder, lots of lures/scents (have been reading lots). 2 downriggers. Would anyone care to share a good location near either of those? I have heard of Bay of Chickens and the Narrows but don't know where they are. Fished Gunni area since early 70's. Caught many kokanee in river (never Snagged!) Fished McCabe Ranch B4 Moncrief bought it all. Aging and want to keep some. Thanks.
    Kokaneezer

haven't fished Blue Mesa in several years myself but here's some info that might help.

big pile of nice koke filets.

http://bluemesafishing.com/fishing-report.php

call the marinas for latest fish reports.

Elk Creek Marina
    1.877.258.6372 (blu-mesa)

Lake Fork Marina
    24830 US Hwy. 50, Gunnison, CO 81230
    970-641-0707
    1-877-258-6372

have fun...bring back a ton of koke fillets
    I take my Omega 3 one Koke at a time. 5 Kokes a day keeps the fisherman happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kokaneezer View Post
    I am going to Blue mesa 6/22. Staying at Stevens creek or Elk creek. New fishfinder, lots of lures/scents (have been reading lots). 2 downriggers. Would anyone care to share a good location near either of those? I have heard of Bay of Chickens and the Narrows but don't know where they are. Fished Gunni area since early 70's. Caught many kokanee in river (never Snagged!) Fished McCabe Ranch B4 Moncrief bought it all. Aging and want to keep some. Thanks.
    Kokaneezer
    The title of your post made me think that Blue Mesa was either a bar or a brothel.
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.