Thread: There is an upside and there is the down side

Default There is an upside and there is the down side

Up side: I set my alarm for the right time of day and when it went off I got up and got on the road to Clear to start fishing before 6am. Trolled to the area I thought the fish were and had 4 that released themselves at the boat. Several nice takedowns that didn’t stick long enough to see. They wanted pink and not only that they wanted Dick Nite’s Pink Splatter dodger. Since the Wannafish A Lure Pink Splatter lure (now on both rods) wasn’t getting them in the boat. I switched to a pink beaded lure (new hooks) on the Dick Nite Pink Splatter dodger. This brought the fish into the boat. Lesson 1; if one has caught a lot of fish on a lure put on new hooks. I do not trust my sharpen skills. Oh ya, talking on the phone to Kokanee Kid while I brought in some fish! Not just cell phone bite...cell phone fish! Lesson; 2 They liked that Dick Nite Pink Splatter Dodger! I had 2 of the same lures on at the same depth and they only hit the Pink Splatter Dodger.
    I was down 30-40 feet in 50-80 feet of water. It was over cast with a slight breeze. I left about 10am after limping (figuratively) to the launch with 4 kokanee.

Down side: There was water in the boat. No rain so that meant a leak again. My fish finder was blinking out. I didn’t know what was going on. I hoped it wasn’t dropping the transducer while putting it on the boat.
    A short time later I figure out that I don’t seem to be going as fast. Turn my eclectic up to 5 and find out that I am not going fast. That explains why the fish finder was freaking out. So it was time to head in. I think I was trolling to slow for even the trout.
    Since I had to go to Les Schwab for a battery and Sportsco to get Marine Tec for the boat. I was going to get another Dick Nite Pink Splatter Dodger. They DIDN’T have one.

Toni thanks for the report as always.

thanks for a very detailed, excellent report.

Default Then I made Pizza

Tonight I took a filet of kokanee and added to my pizza.

My oh my did it taste good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokanee pizza.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	3824