Thread: Lucky Peak or Arrowrock

Default Lucky Peak or Arrowrock

Been fishing Lucky Peak last couple of weekends. It has been slow there but getting a few fish. Going to take tomorrow off work and go. Was thinking of heading to Arrowrock for a change of pace but haven't heard much about how it was doing.

Looking for a little info if anyone has been to either place lately to help me make up my mind. Lucky Peak or Arrowrock. Wherever I decide to go I will let you know how it went when I get back.

How about a third option? Anderson Ranch. It has been faster action. Mike

Thanks but don't have time to drive over there tomorrow. Going this weekend probably though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    How about a third option? Anderson Ranch. It has been faster action. Mike
    Hey, Mike I was thinking the same thing for this weekend. You and Kali have any plans?

Arrowrock. Definitely.

Hit Arrowrock yesterday from 3 pm to 630 and landed 10...6 keepers...and three squaws...water temp was 64 to 67 depending on where you were on the lake...fish were anywhere from 15 to 35 feet deep...pretty spread out...no doubles. Good Luck!

Fished Lucky Peak from 8 am till 12:30 today. Lost one nice koke at the boat and released a trout. Absolute bust. After several weeks of limits, this week all I got was a dose of humble pie. Tried several different combinations from the surface down to 45 ft. The one koke I lost was at 22 ft. Only saw one other fish caught all day. Fish were spread out and not in any defined schools. If I was you I would head to Arrowrock.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Hey Lunddude,
    Kali and I are heading over to Magic Friday morning. Jennifer is here from Africa, and wants to then head up to Sun Valley where her cousin works for the SV company. If you're bored Friday, we can have a two-boat fishing derby!! I'd invite you aboard, but we will have 4 in the boat. Think about it, Mike. Mike and Kali

Thanks for the replies guys.

Went to Lucky Peak and had similiar results to Sawtooth. My daughter lost the only koke we hooked and only other thing we got was about a 1/2 dozen small, planter rainbows. Didn't see a single fish boated all day.

Should have went to Arrowrock, missed Downtownbrown's suggestion before I went this morning. I have fished Lucky Peak every weekend since Memorial Day and it seems to me like it has be getting steadily slower every week. Gonna wait till I hear something different before I go there again. Looks like this years maiden voyage to Anderson is set for this weekend.

All I'm gonna say is I'm spending Fathers Day canning large kokes and reattaching trailer bunks that have been boinced loose by some sh*t*y dirt road somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Hey Lunddude,
    Kali and I are heading over to Magic Friday morning. Jennifer is here from Africa, and wants to then head up to Sun Valley where her cousin works for the SV company. If you're bored Friday, we can have a two-boat fishing derby!! I'd invite you aboard, but we will have 4 in the boat. Think about it, Mike. Mike and Kali
    Sounds like a plan Mike! What time you plan on hitting the water?

Default road suks

I'm with you DowntownBrowns, that road just plain suks... however; the fishing is worth it :)

Lunddude/Mike,
    We are going to try to get on the freeway by 6. Should arrive at Hot Springs by 8:30. Let me know by PM where you will be launching and your current phone #. We have to pull out early to get to Sun Valley, around 11:30. Look forward to seeing you. Mike

Man.. DTB, you're killing me. I'm always at the wrong end of the res up there.
    If you feel the need to help me feed my children, let me know.