Thread: shrimp???

Default shrimp???

has anyone ever tried cocktail shrimp for salmon or trout??

some times it works some times it don't. they use alot ice fishing in Alaska for trout (colored)I've tried it didn't have any success for kokanee

Some guys buy brine shrimp at the pet/aquarium stores to puree and use for scent.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I've used small cocktail shrimp sucessfully for landlocked coho in Riffe lake in WA., also for trout in Mayfield, but never anywhere else. Bob R

I had some success using the small "salad" shrimp from the deli at the grocery store. Its pretty hard to keep it on the hook though. Gonna try salting some and see if it toughens up.

Yea, cocktail shrimp. I have used it before. When the fish weren't biting, we were. It makes a good snack.

People use it here, mostly while jigging. I've never tried, but will soon.

I tried shrimp the first year i got into koke fishing after reading about it in the book "Kokanee" by Dave Biser. Didn't catch many kokes that first year but i think it had more to do with me not knowing what the heck i was doing. I've never bothered useing shrimp since. After fishing yesterday i'm not all that convinced that corn is that important either. After switching to just gel scent on the jigs we caught them just as quick as we did useing a couple kernals of corn, small piece of worm, and the gel scent. Not useing bait made absolutely no difference.

I've found out it goes ransent quickly even refrigerated after a few days. I put it in a salt brine with krill and dye (red) trout like it.0 Give me and idea for kokanee.

Only tried it once...no luck with it, but will probably try it again someday.