Thread: Kokanee Nation on Chelan: Pic heavy

Default Kokanee Nation on Chelan: Pic heavy

In the peaks-and-valleys course of kokanee fisheries,we're definitely in a "peak" on Lake Chelan. Here's a quick pictorial glimpse of a couple of days of kokanee catching on Chelan, where fish in the 15- to 16-inch range are a nice 2012 break from the usual crop of 9-inchers.

Not a cant'-miss, though: fish will run from 50 to over 100 feet in depth, and they're not that intersted in spinners. Pink squid, gold blade in the morning, moving to a UV squid around mid-morning, when you're targeting deeper fish.

Fun times!

NWWC

Nice catch fellas.

Very Nice William!!!

But where was the phone call brother! Glad to see the hooks are still doing there job and making it look easy!!!

Give me shout, or better yet I'll give you guys a ring Saturday morning from an undisclosed location on the water somewhere and we can talk about kokanee. If I'm in cell phone range of course!

Winterun
    Last edited by Winterun; 06-07-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Default 2012 Cosmic Funk Tour

The Koke Whisperer strikes again. Is there no water safe? Loved listening to your live report Saturday. Talk about excitement in your voice. Glad the kokes were snappin'.

My wife wanted a weekend in Leavenworth... I think I now have a good excuse to say yes! Thanks!