Thread: ? for Wyoming guys

Default ? for Wyoming guys

What is the minimum age requirement for a fishing lic. in Wyoming? i.e. Kids are free until what age?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Resident kids under 14 can fish w/o license, and can claim own creel. Nonresident kids under 14 can fis w/o license, if accompanied by adlult w/ valid license. Careful the nonresident kid under 14 creel is part of the adults creel limit. Salmon and trout in combo has a creel of 6, w/ no length restriction on lakes different from previous years.

So, can non-resident kids under 14 purchase a license and claim their own creel?

It looked like Utah age was 12. If the kid was between 12 & 14, had a Utah lic., They'd just need a recip stamp.

So for my daughter who is 12 and a Utah resident she will need a Utah youth lisence and a recipical stamp and she will be good to keep a limit in Wyoming?

Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    So for my daughter who is 12 and a Utah resident she will need a Utah youth lisence and a recipical stamp and she will be good to keep a limit in Wyoming?

Is this right?
    That's how I read it. It appears to boil down to if you aren't a resident, you aren't getting any free limits. Everyone that pays at least something, can have a limit.

So, I was thinking of getting my grandsons (10 and 7) a non-resident Wyo youth license (year is only $15) so that they could take some fish home to their family. It says that the youth is for kids 14-18, but I don't see that it does not preclude someone younger from getting one and taking a creel limit of their own?

Thanks SuperD that is the way it reads to me. I just wanted to make sure I was reading right. its kinda confusing on the age thing.

I saw a statement in this thread concerning creel limits of 6...remember on FG it is only 4 trout and Kokanee in combination. Of those 4, only 3 can be Kokanee. This of course doesn't count the extra Lake Trout and bass which are in addition to the limit of 4...you can get the regs on line from the Wyoming Game and fish...

Good Luck
    JBT

PS This is on the Wyoming side...don't know the regs for the Utah side.