Thread: Loon Lake Report 5/24/12

Smile Loon Lake Report 5/24/12

Got out there about 530am...first one at the public dock but it was weekday... so not too shocking.

Was trolling wedding rings tipped with a bit of worm on lead line rigs. Lowrance had the fish running about 15 feet so I was only out 2 colors. Pretty good bite going this morning. Was getting strikes about every 20 minutes on average. Had my 10 fish in the live well by 10am.

Nothing too big.. pretty standard size of about 10-12". I did catch a few that were more like 8" but I threw those back.

Good day for it a fish too... a bit windy, just gotta troll with it on days like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	3743  

Great report Brisco!

For me, going to the Loon Lake area is like coming home.

-Mack
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Nice fish you got there.
    JR fisherman
    Shasta Tackle Pro Staff! Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Nice report, thanks for sharing!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

We went out Saturday, hit the lake around 7:30. We only ran three poles even though there was 5 of us fishing. It was quite windy at times and the wind could spin the boat on a dime. Ended up with 36 fish total, so all in all it was a good day. We lost more than we caught but that is fairly normal. Smallest were 8 to 10 inches with about a half dozen that were 12 to 14. Fairly mixed bag on size. They were biting real good until around 2pm, then it just seemed to die with the occasional hit now and then.

Sweet fish hope they get bigger going to fish it at the end of July any kind of scent that worked