Thread: New Fork?

Cool New Fork?

I was wondering if anyone ever goes up to New Fork and tries for Kokes up there? If so how is the fishing usually? I was thinking about trying it out. I had a small boat out there last summer and caught a ton of brookies and one tiny maybe 8" koke. lol.

That is one place that I would love to go and fish. I remember going there as a kid and always dreamed about fishing it from a boat. Might have to go this year seeing as I bought a yearly WYO lisence and a muscle tag for my dingy. Thanks for bringing this up!

BTW - Never new it had kokes in it. It would be awesome to see them run in that lake.

I was told on another website, Myfishfinder.com that the kokes up there don't get very big. But I'm going to try sometime this summer. And if nothing else there are some big lake trout and nice brookies in there. I didn't know there were kokes up there either till last year when I was trolling around in my little aluminum boat with some pop gear and worm and caught what I thought at the time was the most silver rainbow ever. lol.

I fished it a couple of years ago. At first I targeted kokes but I wasnt able to get any over 12". We did get some nice brook trout. the last few days we targeted lake trout and did do good on them. I would love to go back but the last time the dirt road was really slow going.