Thread: Glad I found you.

Default Glad I found you.

I love kokanee fishing but have been frustrated by the lack of information in Montana.

I fished Hauser back in the day of a silver with every cast, that was about 35 years ago.

Regulator can really give you a work out but does yield some nice size fish.

Just got back from Pishkun with only 4 to show for 2 days fishing.

Thanks for this forum, I am looking forward to much wanted info.

Welcome Steve,

I was introduced to the world of Kokanee fishing back in the hayday of Hauser...wish we had a lake like that now!!!

Where do you fish for kokes on a regular basis now?

As I said I just got back from Pishkun with pretty slow action. Looking at the stocking reports I believe this should be a productive lake.

Most of my fishing for kokes is at Regulator. Some through the ice but mostly trolling. My only complaint about Regulator is the small boat fishing. I am an old guy now and miss the comfort of fishing from my 22' Whaler.

Default What about Holter

Have any of you done any Koke fishing at Holter? The FWP stocking report indicates that they stocked Holter in 2009 with 100,000 kokes, but I never hear of anyone catching any. Maybe they are just hitting catchable size?

I'm a regualtor regular, and have done ok so far this spring. No one hot set up, but have done best with a Seps watermelon dodger and a lime green hoochie with the obligatory shoe peg corn. The fish aren't running as big as last year but I'm catching a fair number of 14 - 16 inchers. The water level seems lower and less stable this year compared to past years.