Thread: East canyon 05/21/2012

Default East canyon 05/21/2012

After a major change in my life last week with the death of my uncle, I had to cancel out going with my team to the flaming gorge for the derby. I stayed here in town all weekend and did the family thing. I'm glad I was here for my family, however I was jonesing really bad to get on the water and put a line out with not being with my buddies slamming the kokes.

So I called Agitator and we headed out bright and early this morning for EC. We hit the water and everything worked well. Ran off and forgot my parks pass so I had to pay to park and launch. Then to top it all off, all I had was a 20.00 bill. No change. So I payed it forward with the full 20.

Launched and got the lines out and Agitiator had the hot stick. He was running a RMT watermelon 4.25 dodger with a double glow rainbow super squid that I had thrown together to try and hit was the ticket for him until It got broke off.

I was running a pink Bahama 4.25 with a New Radical glow pink single tail grub with some beads and a pink glow Colorado blade. This was also a very effective set up.

Between the two of us we had a great day with many fish to the boat, released to hit it another day and some went home for my smoker. About five oth boats on the water. Water temps were 58.6 when we started and 62.7 when we ended around 1300 hrs.

Thanks for a great trip Agitator to get the cob webs out.

When I got home, I spoke with Profishingsea and Joefish, my two partners that fished the derby . They took 2nd place in the derby in the Kokanee category. 900 bucks. Story of my life, oh well went today, had fun and will hit the gorge here soon.

Will attach some pics in a bit.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Hey, forgot to tell you ( that age impairment thing) you need to adjust that new Scotty I was on had to give it a little help going down . They sure don't need any help coming up very fast .