Thread: American lake, Saturday5 19 12

Default American lake, Saturday5 19 12

We hit the lake later then I would like, 7:15 or so, but we really wanted to catch some Kokes. With the long drive and late opening of the city of Lakewood launch (7:00) that was the deal though. Dropping the downrigger out of the launch I was about to clip the stacker rod on when the rod off the ball down 20 ft. goes off, nice 12 inch holdover rainbow trout on a sepps dodger with a blue pee wee hootchie. good start, I thought. But not another bite other than a smaller trout that hit a little cleo flatline off the back. Only saw one other boat catch a couple of Kokes, but they looked small.Other boats looked real slow as well. I'd like to get to Merwin but the long drive (price of gas!)and possibility of higher winds with the canoe keeps it on the back burner. Next week, Quinalt! Bob R

Thank you for the report, I didn't get out this weekend maybe next.

Thanks for the report. I have been running like a mad man getting settled into summer quarter at school and should have time to get on the water. I was wondering what was happening on American as of late.

Chris
    “No man is born an Artist nor an Angler.”
    Izaak Walton