15 75.00%
  • Catered lunch for around $5-6.00/person

11 55.00%
  • Pot-luck it.

5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annual KFF BBQ at Yale?

I kind of felt bad Fishing Merwin on "Yale" Day, but I just couldn't help it. Big fish in the freezer Bait for later.....I can go buy bait.
    It was great seeing every one again, I have to apologize to those that I met last year and I kind of gave you a blank stare.....My brain was mush, I was going on 3 hrs of sleep and not all with it.

Matt....THANK YOU! for putting this all together. Maybe next year we can order better weather? Seriously though, good weather, bad weather, doesn't matter, its always good to see old friends and make new ones.

Hard to think, this time last year I was just getting into Kokanee fishing and those that warned me about the addiction...you didn't warn me about how addicting it can be for a young kid who already loved to fish. I have created a MONSTER! Although I have to admit, he is a Pretty cool MONSTER to have around!

Here is a tip for those that got lucky and snagged one of Shawns Kok Killers, tweak the blade so that it roles the whole lure in the water, if it is too flat it will have an erratic pattern "wobble spin wobble wobble stop spin" sometimes its a good thing but usually works better rolling most of the time with an occasional wobble. Also make sure to have a good swivel on the leader so that can role with out twisting the line up, we usually run about 16" behind a dodger.

Don't know why it works but the proof is in the pics! It didn't catch em all but but we beat one up bad enough today that we snapped a leader, luckily it was in the boat before it gave out.

Once again THANKS to everyone involved in making days like this possible and to all the sponsors for all the cool goodies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merwin 2012 003.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	3799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merwin 2012 005.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	3800  

Thumbs up KFF Gathering at Yale

First time fishing at Yale and despite the February weather I had a great time and caught some Kokes in the process.

Yes, it was finally nice to put some faces behind the names, especially Matt, thank you for the advice on the good locations to fish and for putting a great event together.

And to Tom(?) who kindly gave me an appropriate sized flasher to use against those monster kokes which helped me finally hook up with some of those tasty fish, the next time we hook up on a lake I owe you one!

Also kudos to all of the tackle folks who showed up and provided some free gear. I will spread the word to all on the great products you passed on to us!
    All vintage 12' Mirrocraft, 9.9 Mercury sitting on a Dilly trailer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123