Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Arrowrock Fishing Thread

Thumbs up 2012 Arrowrock Fishing Thread

2012 Arrowrock Fishing Report Thread
    Last edited by gonefishing; 01-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.

been up at least a couple times per week...been slow for a month...starting to pick up finally a bit...they are sparse but running shallow...water temp was 49 on Sunday...

Thanks for the report! This is my first communication although I have been reading your reports for about a year.
    My question is what areas would you suggest trying this week end.

This thread concept is a great idea.......should be quite useful.

Welcome to the site, Bayhorse. Wish I had a good story to tell you. Mike

they arent concentrated yet so anywhere is possible...had a bit of luck at the south fork entrance and in the bay before the dam...good luck!

This time of the year the Kokes has the erge to migrate down stream for some reason, not clear on that. Best fishing would be down around the Damns. I was told this, buy a fish and game Biologist.

Thanks for the info. Think I will try the dam area Saturday. Good luck!

Default Anderson ranch

I'm going to Anderson Monday the 23rd. Will troll between Dam and Fall Creek entrance. Will Have a report on how we did or how we didn't. I would think that they will be concentrated around that area.ken

Default 4-21

(3) trout...a bunch of sqawfish and no Kokes...trolled between boat ramp and dam...the trout were on top, downriggers never had a hit.
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Went up Friday...boated 3 nice Kokes and a pig trout...killed and fed to the birds 3 Squaws...had several doubles but because I was reaquanting my 12 year old to Koke fishing we lost about 6 to the fight...all were hitting at 16 feet deep on DR's...

Fished Arrowrock today landed 5 kokes the bigger ones are 17" also landed a bunch of northern pike minnows. Fished 20-35 ft deep. Hit apex's mostly some on pink hoochies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	561990_3836993446003_1313007312_3556075_338317881_n.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	3614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	522122_3836998606132_1313007312_3556078_202213559_n.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	3615  
    I think I have a Koke addiction...Go Broncos.

Friday Landed a 17'' koke near the Dam, and several trout on the same gear. This is the first week I have seen the pike minnows become active. Killed about 10 of them. Yellow troller with green wedding ring & corn. zero hits all day on a shasta sling blade and pink wiggle hoochie near surface. Then sat morning the trout slammed the same pink hoochie on the surface. One things for sure the rig that works one day, is worthless the next.

Default Arrowrock April24,12

No wind beautiful day!!! Put on at noon fished 3 hrs near Dam
    12 good bites kept 4 really fat Kokes fished 3 colors

Welcome to the site! Thanks for the report. What was working for you? Mike

would love to hear any reports from today. mine...dead batteries on boat this a.m. at the launch. great early morning drive though

Fished on Thursday....yes it was raining...aside from being cold and wet...we slammed out 12 in three hours...all nice ones too...alot of debris in the water...surface temps hovering around 52...lake is at full pool...must have stocked recently cuz we also caught several dinks...one going less than 6 inches...lol...most were caught on dr's at 18 feet...some on top before the dr went down...always funny when that happens. Fished from 10:30 to 1:30....good luck

Yep they dumped 90,000 little dinks in on Wednesday. Which is when we fished the entrance to the SF channel for 4 hours w/out a bite.

Yeah Ive been striking out in the normal places...had to search for new fishin grounds...kinda like they do on Deadliest Catch...LOL And Hoochies havent been working up there either..so you have to change up in that area as well...

Headin' up again today with a new Lamiglas Classic Glass Downrigger rod and a renewed set of expectations.
    Wow 4 posts in 4 years!

Did OK. Pulled out half a dozen down by the dam, green apex w/ shoepeg corn at 20'. Slow.

$$ REWARD! Lost: One 10 lb Orange downrigger ball. Last seen in the vicinity of Arrowrock Dam area; rock outcropping on the road side. Large flashers attached.

Dude...that sucks! Probably be watching for it when they drop the water this fall...I need a new ball anyway...LOL...just kidding...I fish up there alot so I"ll keep an eye out

Fished Saturday for 4 hours and yesterday for 3, all down by the dam. Marked plenty of fish, caught zero

Fished Saturday the 19th by the boat launch landed 15 kokes all about 16" also 2 trout and only 4 squaws. Sunday only caught one trout, one baby koke, sent him back to grow, and 2 squaws.
    I think I have a Koke addiction...Go Broncos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast