Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Ririe Res. Fishing Thread

I haven't tried it yet I've been hitting the gorge alot it's hard to leave a great spot I have my trailer stored in storage in Manila Ut and try to go there every weekend but I am going to try Palisades some this year

I hit Ririe yesterday evening with a friend. Limited on kokanee pretty quick. 3 year fish just starting to turn. Biggest fish was 16 " and over 2 lbs. They were very scrappy and fun to catch. Downside is that the water is very warm. Just under 74 degrees on the surface. Fish from 25 to 70ft of water. Bigger fish caught at 45-50ft of water. 2 year old fish at 12 inches plus already.
    Last edited by gonefishing; 07-29-2012 at 12:58 AM.

I picked up some males that were totally red this morning. Glad you made it out!

"The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

I'll get out again this week Don. Probably keep after it until I get a nice size male in full bloom for mounting. Always wanted to have one of those on my wall. Looks like the one you have there is not to far from bright red. Most of the ones we got were just getting shinny and the scales were firming up. If the weather cooperates, I'll grab a couple evenings this week.

Good to see your still cleaning up the water up there. You'll have alot of work as we marked a bunch of fish.

Nice fish. You told me last year but I am getting old and I forgot. When they turn red they are not good for smoking, so if a guy wants to smoke any I should only keep the 2yr old. Right?? thanks

Yeah they are toast once the go red. I quit at a mild pink and move to the two year olds.

Here is my wall mount from Palisades:

That is exactly what I want to mount. That is awesome Don. I am thinking Pallisades maybe on Saturday.
    Last edited by gonefishing; 08-02-2012 at 10:32 PM.

That one weighed in at just under 4.5 lbs.

Bad evening at Ririe. I am wondering if it is all over. I never zeroed on the water there, but sure did tonight. Its not like we were not finding the fish, but they all had lock jaw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12