Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Ririe Res. Fishing Thread

Thumbs up 2012 Ririe Res. Fishing Thread

2012 Thread for Ririe Reservior Fishing Reports
    Last edited by gonefishing; 01-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Default Water level

Water level curently at 88% of Full Pool. Water color not clear at Blacktail. A few Walley fishermen are getting out. Likely launching at the dam end of the lake and fishing that end could take a few Kokanee.

I should be out there this weekend!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

I would like to talk to one of those Walley fishermen or better yet I would like to see a Walley that came out of Ririe.

The fish at Ririe had lockjaw today but it was a great afternoon and evening for a boat ride!

Went to Ririe to day 9:00 to 2:00. Put in at the dam and fished between it and the boat ramp. Ended up with 4 kokes, all on a fire tiger Rapala. We were not really fishing for kokes so getting them on a Rapala was a big surprise. Water was not muddy at all and the level looked to be down about 4-5 ft from full

Any reports?

Going to giver a shot next week on Sat and see whats happening.

Angry OH darn and then some!

Wife and I took a run up to Ririe around 11:30. To start with, when I got there, one of my down riggers was gone. I think that I tore it off at the car wash. I went back and they did not have it. Simply, the last time I will ever travel with my down riggers on the boat. I should have known better.

The water is fairly fishable from the Y down towards the dam. I think it is about 3 weeks before away you can fish north of there successfully.

I did ping some decent fish is areas and did find a hot spot as we had a double on when we went through there and boated one. We didn't go back
    through it again. There was a uncountable number of fish there at multiple depths.

Orange and glow in the dark rainbow was the color of the day for hoochies. The one pole long lineing it with a orange kokanee killer got a little action.

Looks like there are very good numbers of fish throughout the reservior, so it should be a fun early summer.
    Last edited by gonefishing; 07-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the report!!!

Default Made a Run to Ririe today

Went with PapaD and we lost a couple and caught a couple. I would say good fishing is 2-3 weeks out yet. Water is off color now further North past the s curves. I am laying low for about 3 weeks and then getting after it. Both fish 14 inch and the redest color that I have ever pulled from Ririe.

We did pretty fair today. The fish are nice sized that their color looks like ocean salmon!

Your right Don. These are the nicest colored kokes I have caught anyware. And I can verify the fact that they are eating absolutley great too.

The water is full of plankton which is already sticking the line in the guides. They must be eating very well. Hope we have some numbers of fish this year. Last year was terrible!

Hey Gonefishing and PapaD thanks for the advice on Sat. I am the guy that was at the dock. The hoochie you gave me teamed with a sling blade dodger hooked me 2 kokes and missed a few more.
    Thanks again and looking forward to learning a lot more. Oh and are you guys going out anytime soon?

Welcome the the Forum Kman.

I am likely doing yard work this weekend so I can get some serious fishing in starting around the first of June. If you want to go over tackle and any info let me know. Send me a PM and I will dig out the tackle box so you can check things out.

I can also stear you where to get the right tackle. It is a process. I have been working at the right tackle for 5 years now.

We'll hook up with you one day and you can wet your line with us if your schedule works with mine! Usually that is a matter of planing.

Tight lines

Welcome to the forum kmanhart. We will have to hook up once the fish unlock there lips and start biting. Be sure to get with gonefishing as he knows a lot about going after those kokes.

Looking for weather windows this weekend to continue the hunt. Maybe a short window in the morning???

Hey guys I look forward to getting out some more with someone who knows what they are doing better than I do. I went out last week and mostly trolled rapalas for trout with my 4 yr old son and ended up catching one good sized koke. Pretty fun for my boy. Get a hold of me once this weather gets better.
    Thanks, Kman

Looks like Monday for some better weather!

Weather was gorgeous this morning and the fish are starting to bite!

FishWithGary Copper dodgers and copper spinners were the ticket!

First try tomorrow at Ririe. Been catching a lot of nice browns at Palisades and just want to catch a Kokanee or walleye. Hope the weather cooperates tomorrow.

Default First Kokanee

We made it to Ririe and caught our first kokes! Broiled a few and put the rest in the smoker this morning. The weather man was right ,50 mph gusts of wind.Constant battle to keep the boat straight.Over 5mph if you tried to drift with it. Had a blast,these blue backed guys have me hooked. I guess I better start looking for a couple downriggers and get the kicker ordered.

Yes I agree first I got 2 dpwnriggers and one tackle box now I have 4 downriggers new trolling motor 4 tackles boxes and a new boat it's a adiction but I love it. I take it your from wy. wyosledder

Yes we are pretty close to Etna ourselves. Have you had any luck on Palisades yet for Kokanee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast