Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Anderson Ranch Fishing Thread

Hah, Lunddude! Bet you don't even get close to that "2 weeks off" you were talking about! Spoons has got you thinking! Mike
    Last edited by kodiak1; 06-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Hah, Lunddude! Bet you don't even get close to that "2 weeks off" you were talking to! Spoons has got you thinking! Mike
    Yea, I know been thinking about heading over this weekend already. You know me way to well Mike. I just wanna break in them new custom kokanee rods of mine, you know the ones you need sun glasses to look at?

Me and the wife fished the 27th and 28th and only boated 13. Lost probably about the same amount. They are not biting yet like they were last year. I tried Hoochies, Assassin Spinners, Wedding Rings, and Apexes all in various colors. Lots of fish marked at various depths from 20 - 55 feet. Trolled at all speeds from .8 to 1.8 MPH straight away and slow S-Turns. I think we'll take about a week or so before we go back up (after the 4th, too crazy for me). On the way out saw the pilgrimage coming in to camp for the weekend/holiday. also, weather is still a bit chilly at night. We slept on the boat. Wouldn't have been too bad if the wind had not kicked up at about 2 AM. Still had a blast because I was not at work!!

The Kokes in Anderson are the earily sponners. After the longest day of the year you will notice a light pink color. The fishing should pickup towards the middle of July. They have started changing color. Still catching hogs At Arrowrock. 19inches is the biggest so far.

Talking Update

Planning a day at Anderson next Saturday the 14th with a friend that is also new to Kokanee fishing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bayhorse View Post
    Planning a day at Anderson next Saturday the 14th with a friend that is also new to Kokanee fishing. Any tips would be appreciated.
    I'm headed over Friday the 13th & will be there through Sunday the 15th. More then likely I'll be camping over at the Pine camp ground across from Curlew as I'm sure the waters still to high for any decent beach camping with the 5th wheel. Look me up if you can find me, I'll be in the Lund Alaskan Wetlands Camo Edition boat. I've been told though I disappear when I get close to the bank, just look for the big black Merc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070425.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	3959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070429.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	3960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070426.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	3961  

Fished Anderson Ranch yesterday. Caught about 10 or 11 in maybe 2 or 2 and a half hours. All were fairly small with the biggest being maybe 14 inches. Most were 9 or 10 inches. Graphed fish at 20-28 feet but caught most of the fish at 35'.

Then went smallmouth fishing and only caught little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrave307 View Post
    Fished Anderson Ranch yesterday. Caught about 10 or 11 in maybe 2 or 2 and a half hours. All were fairly small with the biggest being maybe 14 inches. Most were 9 or 10 inches. Graphed fish at 20-28 feet but caught most of the fish at 35'.

Then went smallmouth fishing and only caught little ones.
    That doesn't sound very encouraging. Not sure what's up with Anderson this year seems to be a lot more smaller fish this year then previous years. Kodiak are you ready to go catch some of them big macks yet?

thank you for your offer hope to see you on sat.

Cool Anderson Temp?

Does anyone have a current water temp, debating on if I'm gonna go to Anderson or Strike to camp, alot depends on if the water at Anderson is warm enough to swm in

Surface temp was 73 degrees last Saturday. Plenty of swimmers till the afternoon storm rolled in.

thanks for the info

Fished Anderson sat. the 14th.
    Hit the water at 6:00 first fish at 6:45.
    Fished until 2:30 or 3:00 until the skiers and jet skies came out.
    It was a pleasant cool day we boated 23 small kokes 10"-14"
    silver gang trolls with red wedding rings three and a half colors with 1.5 oz. keel weight.
    2 on a orange dodger with a orange hoochie long lined out of the back.
    Most caught in the narrows and Lime creek area.
    Had family over and ate half for sunday dinner after church, the other half is in the smoker. YUMMMM!

Hey did I offend you all? It has been a month from my last attempt at posting info.
    Has anyone been? Thinking about going this weekend.

Never seen this site so quiet this time of year. I heard a report yesterday in which they did terrible. Heard a good report on Deadwood. You might consider Lucky Peak for some really nice kokes.. Read my report there. The weekend can be bothersome. I would get there really early, although the late morning bite has been good lately. Good luck wherever you go, Bayhorse, and thanks for your reports. Mike

ok. I haven't touched a pole in about a month. What's the word out there?

Fished Anderson 2 weeks ago, just before all the fires got real bad. We caught 19. Fished Driggers at 55ft. Lead was out 5 colors. Hooked up trips several times. No size at all. Biggest was 12". Small needle fish was the winner, no dodger, just needle fish with 10' 4lb leader. Caught some on pink hoochie baited with corn. Time to get ready for hunting. Kokes will have to wait til spring.

Good luck all!

Anyone know if they have pulled the boat launch docks yet?

No, have not been out since August. Been Elk and Deer hunting.

The docks near Pine are still there, as of last week, but the water is about 25 ft below them. The concrete still has water tho.
    Oldrider
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    My goal,, is to die young,,
    at a very old age

Thanks. Don't think I'll venture up that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12