Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Anderson Ranch Fishing Thread

Thumbs up 2012 Anderson Ranch Fishing Thread

Your 2012 Season thread for fishing reports, pictures and so on!
    Last edited by gonefishing; 01-12-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Default Anderson Ranch (Today)

Well guys the fishing was outstanding the catching sucks. I was told most of the fish were around the Dam. Found a few boated one lost another thats it. Stayed at Dam most of day and then ran up to Fall Creek Inlet. Trolled for 2 more hours proabley seen 20 fish total. Came home bye 3. Going Crappie fishung in the morning at CJ Strike. Maybe I will have a better day. Later.

Default Anderson

How big are the kokanee at Anderson this year?

Default Anderson About a week ago.

Went near the dam and trolled wedding rings and hoochies with corn. Caught one really big bull trout and lost one what I believe to be kokanee. Water temp was around 49. The water was at a decent level to launch the boat, but man I hate that windee blind narrow ramp and the stupid crooked dock, shouldn't complain since there is no fee.

Default Anderson Memorial weekend

Caught 3 decent kokes between the wind and rain. Nice size fish maybe 14" or so. Talked to another guy who caught a bunch of little ones, Water temp 53-55 degrees

Default Anderson 5/25-28

Fished Friday afternoon boated 10-15 but only 1 keeper in the bunch.Caught 30-40 on Saturday any where from 5"-15 1/2" only kept the ones over 12 inches. Fished again on Sunday caught another 20-30 with a lot of throw backs. In 3 1/2 days of fishing I only boated 23 keepers. All fish were caught 30'-40' deep on the downriggers. Went out today trolling the shorline with planer boards for bass and still caught a couple of small kokes on jointed Shad Raps. Surface temps ranged from 58-61 today when the sun finally came out. All fish were caught in the Curlew/Lime Creek area of the reservoir. I hope the bigger ones show up soon or all these little guys got a whole lot of growing to do over the the next couple of months.

Default 5/27-29

40 feet deep and pink seemed to be the ticket, but most were small. One was so small I didn't realize it was on until something ate it. I saw the line bounce and reeled in a small fish head!

A fish head huh? Must be another one of those oh so endangered bull trout, I caught one out there that would have broke my little kokanee rod had I not had the drag set light.

Fished Anderson this last week. Came home with 64 2 days fishing. Have been canning since. Looks like it will be a good year! Caught 6 over 15". Was really after the little guys for canning. Caught 2 Bulls and 1 rainbow. Downriggers (38 to 55 ft) and lead (5 colors). Pink hoochies. Best lure of the day was fire Apex with double hook baited with ????? Great days of fishing ...Lake was beautful
    Last edited by Bill F.; 06-03-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Anyone been fishing Anderson lately? Thinking of heading over on Sunday. Will post results if I do.

I have been aching to go. Kicker has a bad seal and the shop has it. Yes....slow motion this time of year! We were thinking about taking the little boat tomorrow. My past thread talked about the fishing being great! I would guess it would be the same.

Brined, Smoked and Canned all we caught. Abosolutly fansastic! Keep us posted on your trip. Remember to bring fire Apex! May see you there

Good Luck

Heading up in 20, taking the sweetwater.

Fished yesterday, 6:30am to 12:00 & 4:00-630pm. First session caught eleven, second session caught four.
    50'-55' deep am, 30' deep pm ...go figure!
    Twelve between 10"-13", largest 17".
    Water temp was 67.8 degrees on the surface and 60 degrees @ 60'. Did not fish any deeper but suspect they are deeper as they should like 50-55 degrees???? Talked to friends fishing Curlew to Lime Creek ...one per day, not so good.
    Last edited by Kokanee Tracker; 06-17-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Default Poor Day @ Anderson

Fished Anderson today & 7 hours of trolling only produced 4 dinks & 4 misses. Started trolling across from Curlew this morning at 9:30 & never had a strike or fish until 2:30. All fish caught were between 30 & 40 feet deep. Today I could not buy a bite on a hootchie, the fish I did catch came on both green & red Apex lures fished behind sling blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Tracker View Post
    Fished yesterday, 6:30am to 12:00 & 4:00-630pm. First session caught eleven, second session caught four.
    50'-55' deep am, 30' deep pm ...go figure!
    Twelve between 10"-13", largest 17".
    Water temp was 67.8 degrees on the surface and 60 degrees @ 60'. Did not fish any deeper but suspect they are deeper as they should like 50-55 degrees???? Talked to friends fishing Curlew to Lime Creek ...one per day, not so good.
    At Arrowrock when the surface temps are 67 most are caught between 18 and 30 feet deep...hard to believe its still 60 at 60' deep...wow...

Fished Saturday evening using dodgers and hoochies. One nibble at 30 ft but watched other boats net all night. After a nice breafast, we hit it again Sunday morning. I switched everything to various pop gear and wedding rings, dropped everything to the 40 feet range and picked up 10 in 2 hours lost at least the same number. Fish are pan frying size.
    We had 3 double hookups. (only one ended with 2 fish in the boat). Then the wind showed up and we bagged fishing for the day. We should have cooked on the boat and started fishing earlier...
    Slow trolling tight figure 8's. Nailed them all about the same spot.
    Worm, Fire Corn and shrimp oil. Probably would have been fine with the fire corn alone. Just south of Curlew.

Awesome camp spots were open right by the Parking area last night when we left. I wish I could take a few days this week to stock up.
    Last edited by spoons; 06-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks for the fishing info at Anderson. Finially got my boat back from the shop. Go figure, we are now headed for the N. Calif./S.Oregon coast for Salmon fishing.

I guess the Kokes will have to wait until after the 4th of July. Need to get more smoked and canned. Boy they go quick!

Good Luck All!

Just getting the trailer and boat hooked up this morning heading for Anderson Ranch for three days of camping/fishing. Sure wish the posts were more positive :) Will be using one DR and two Walker Deeper Divers. Told the wife to make sure she throws in some steaks in case we get skunked :-))
    Oldrider
    Mtn. Home
    Oldrider
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    My goal,, is to die young,,
    at a very old age

Good Luck.
    I used a 5oz banana to get my pop gear down 40 ft. and trolled real slow tight turns.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Just getting the trailer and boat hooked up this morning heading for Anderson Ranch for three days of camping/fishing. Sure wish the posts were more positive :) Will be using one DR and two Walker Deeper Divers. Told the wife to make sure she throws in some steaks in case we get skunked :-))
    Oldrider
    Mtn. Home
    Good Luck, if nothing eles your going to have a great camping trip + a bad day of fishing beats the heck out of a good day @ work any day. Let us know how those steaks turn out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunddude View Post
    Good Luck, if nothing eles your going to have a great camping trip + a bad day of fishing beats the heck out of a good day @ work any day. Let us know how those steaks turn out for ya.
    Yep the fishing and camping was good, but the catching sucked :-(
    Tried out the Walker deeper divers, not a hit. Had them out to 150, which was supposed to get us down to about 27-30 ft. Never used them before, and I suppose they will be delegated to the bottom of the tackle box now. Maybe there is a secret to using them, so anyone with some good ideas to try, I'd welcome their input. Catch three small kokes on the DR, but put them back. We also lost three or four. They were about 11". Trolling the DR at 45'. BTW, the steaks were good, heh heh. And the cold brewski to wash them down wasn't bad either :-))
    I think I'll be looking at another DR for the wife to use, or try stacking next time, altho from the experience I've had with stacking wasn't much fun, more work than anything else
    Oldrider
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    My goal,, is to die young,,
    at a very old age

Thanks for the post. I think I'll wait a week or two before trying Anderson again & give some of them little guys a chance to grow up some.

We headed out to Anderson 22nd-24th. I was kind of worried out posting "too much info" last week. However, there was not one other boat hanging around where I was fishing. They were still biting at 40 feet.

Any size to the kokes you were catching?

They were mostly 10-12 inch range. 6 15inches.
    I threw back a few 6 inchers.
    We lost at least the number we caught until I changed the hooks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast