Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2012 Lucky Peak Fishing Thread

thanks to sawtooth and conservationist for the info
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

fished 10/28/12 from 8am-2pm, turner gulch still looks decent and no issues getting the boat out but did use 4wd to keep from spinning in the sand and mud just below the waterline

didn't get our first hit until around 10am, we had 13 good hits and hooked 9 and only landed 3, 2 weeks ago we hooked 8 and landed them all so it was a bit frustrating

used the same sinkers and dodgers we always use with hits on pink, red/clear and glow orange 2.5" hoochies running from the surface down to about 15ft, fish were hitting at speeds of 1.0-1.7mph and the only thing they showed a real preference for was not staying on our sharp hooks

its gonna be a long winter but hoping to get out again on the first Sunday in April, tight lines to those of you still fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA280185.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	5701  

Glad to hear you were able to get the boat out with the four wheel drive. I would like to get out one more time myself, but the upland birds keep calling me.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

a buddy of mine fished for 2 hrs a few days ago and pulled out 3 fat 16" koks, normal speeds, red wedding ring spinner behind a dodger, he was fishing not far from spring shores towards lucky peak dam

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    a buddy of mine fished for 2 hrs a few days ago and pulled out 3 fat 16" koks, normal speeds, red wedding ring spinner behind a dodger, he was fishing not far from spring shores towards lucky peak dam
    Thanks for the report.
    I work off warm springs and see boats headed up and I have been wondering whats been happening.
    If the weather doesn't stop me I would like to try once more this fall.
    By the way the big trout are on at strike. Good luck and thanks again.101chromefish

Just returned from Lucky Peak. Fished near the dam and brought back a limit. Fish were caught around 30 feet deep using a troll and a spinner.

Thx Physion for the update. I'm tempted to go up but the launch looked a bit dodgy. Wher'd u put in?

I went again today and got 3 and a half. The little guy will need to wait a couple years. Windy and cooolllld.

I've been using the Turner Gulch ramp the last several times. I prefer Spring Shores but it's out of the water. I can launch almost anywhere there is trailer access because I only have an open 12 foot aluminum Valco. A good sized rig put in just after I did and didn't seem to have any problems.

I went up to spring shores today. The dirt had been moved off the ramp and myself with a 13.5 aluminum as well as a good sized rig were able to launch. Fished from 10:00 to 2:00 landed 3 nice keepers. Pink sling blade and pink glow squid at 20 ft. Once I found them it happened fast and saved the day. I am going back tomorrow with my son will post results.

thanks for posting recently Physion and bayhorse, that's great that they're still biting, I've never fished lucky peak after November or before April but one of these years I'm going to and I'll see if I can catch fish every month for 12 months straight, anyone ever tried that before?

Default I have...

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    thanks for posting recently Physion and bayhorse, that's great that they're still biting, I've never fished lucky peak after November or before April but one of these years I'm going to and I'll see if I can catch fish every month for 12 months straight, anyone ever tried that before?
    I did it last year...there were a few times on AR that got a little sketchy...but we pretty much always got something from the effort...I remember my buddy and I had to crawl thru the ice fields with one driving and the other sitting up on the nose of the boat breaking ice with his boots to clear a path to open water but still awesome fun...Love Idaho for that...fishing year round is pretty sweet. Caught my first Bull trout in November last winter too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0210121339a.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	5710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0210121339b.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	5711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0210121339e.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	5712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0210121339f.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	5713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0210121420a.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	5714  

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojump View Post
    I did it last year...there were a few times on AR that got a little sketchy...but we pretty much always got something from the effort...I remember my buddy and I had to crawl thru the ice fields with one driving and the other sitting up on the nose of the boat breaking ice with his boots to clear a path to open water but still awesome fun...Love Idaho for that...fishing year round is pretty sweet. Caught my first Bull trout in November last winter too...

that's good to hear, I'd love to hook into a big bull trout on lucky peak and tell it to leave the kokanee and rainbows alone and to eat only pikeminnows

talked with my buddy the other day about fish biting well at lucky peak still, 2 people fishing and they each picked up a limit in less than 3 hrs, all koks were between 14" and 16" and caught on the surface before 12pm, typical speeds and typical gear, 2 rods running different color combos of hoochies/dodgers and the other rod running silver pop-gear and a pink wedding ring, lures tipped with shoepeg corn and placed onto the hooks with c-c-cc-cold fingers

my buddy says he is a real kokanee fisherman ...but his wife also gets more angry with him than my wife gets with me

Well, it sure sounds tempting, at least until you walk outside in the cold temps made colder by the 25 mph winds. If the wind ever lets up, I am tempted to head up there.......for no other reason than to prove that, like your friend, I am a real kokanee fisherman!!!!! Mike

the wind is definitely miserable up there right now, his boat was moving around 3mph just drifting with the wind, with most kickers on the side of the transom it does make for interesting trolling, I've decided winter kokanee fishing isn't for me this year

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567