Thread: The lake is ice free

Default The lake is ice free

Was talking to some folks at the ISE show. I guess the lake is ice free!! The lakers will be in trouble now. I guess this is the time of year to catch them. I know Fishley will be out guideing for them now that his boat is fixed.

Wont be long now till we are catching the kokes. I also heard there was some kokes cought last week.

Early season kokes, not unheard of. Been there done it in the past.

i don't think it's totally ice free yet. I heard that there was still some ice around firehole.Like b-duck said early season kokes,been there done that.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Default Sweet!

Hmmmmmm-bringing the boat out of storage today. We will see how things look a week from Saturday-I have been going through barbequed koke withdrawals all winter!

MP
    Last edited by already gone; 03-27-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    i don't think it's totally ice free yet. I heard that there was still some ice around firehole.Like b-duck said early season kokes,been there done that.
    I bet you have never had this good of a spring! we are killing the kokes just casting tubes and spoons! Had a few buddys boat 3 limits in about an hr yesterday. this is the best spring fishing for kokes I have ever seen! and I havent even broke out the junk yet! maybe all the kokes is the reason iam strugling on lakers?

Is there any size to the ones you are catching?

Thanks for helping out my koke fever "fish"!

Smile

We drove up Saturday to get our fish stamps, rec pass, and looked around and check the ice-no ice. Buckboard told us there was still ice above firehole back in the bays but it was gonna be gone soon. You can fish from Buckboard south right now.
    Now I wished we would have pulled the boat up there-ahhh we got too late of a start : (

Did see capt Jim up there loading his boat up-he didn't do nothing.

Manilla-

MP
    Last edited by already gone; 03-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown bear View Post
    Is there any size to the ones you are catching?
    no not really some up to about 19'' but we went to font and fished off the bank, wow toad kokes up to 22'' allready! I will be draging the boat up there soon! allso caught some great browns and bows! browns are a little skinny but the bows are fat as fat! Braden has the week off for spring brake so we just got done geting red rods rigged and we are going to try and slam a limit or 2 for dinner!