Thread: release pads

Default release pads

I'm looking for a source to replace the worn pads on my vance releases. Anyone know of a site that sells just the pads ?? THNX JIM

Thnx silver bullet... Just ordered them ..

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan jim View Post
    Thnx silver bullet... Just ordered them ..
    Might want to hold off on that order...after farther research those aren't for the small yellow releases. Those are for the larger offshore clips and are alot thicker. You might contact Offshore and ask if they have the pads for the vances/seps releases. I bought these at home depot a while back that are smaller (1/2") and thinner...might work in a pinch. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet though.
    http://www.tooldistrict.com/product-p/230235.htm
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 03-15-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Update...I think I found them! I could be wrong but I believe the yellow light tension Offshore clips are the OR10. Go to the bottom of page 11 in this link...
    http://www.offshoretackle.com/graphi...erArticles.pdf

I find them at fishing tackle stores in the side planer section, never have seen them in the downrigger area, come about 10 to a pack. Sportsmans warehouse, or is it wholesale sports, has them.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

SILVERBULLETS , I did order the smaller ones . They look to be aprox. 3/8 ". The larger look like 3/4
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 03-16-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: no edit (hit wrong button)

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan jim View Post
    SILVERBULLETS , I did order the smaller ones . They look to be aprox. 3/8 ". The larger look like 3/4

Glad you found them DJ. I hadn't realized they were down farther on that link.